GoPro issue

Reaction score
Anyone see an issue where the bottom half of the video is dark, distorted. The video feed to my phone was fine, but during play back not so much.

thanks
H-

Oh by the way flights two and three under my belt loving this platform!

Anyone see an issue where the bottom half of the video is dark, distorted. The video feed to my phone was fine, but during play back not so much.

thanks
H-
Do you mean playback from the Micro-SD? That's the video that counts.

Do you mean playback from the Micro-SD? That's the video that counts.
Yes I down loaded the files and they were jacked up, then I tried from the Micro SD card still jacked up

Does the GP work correctly outside of the gimbal, on its own?

Does the GP work correctly outside of the gimbal, on its own?
yes I tried it when I found out there was an issue, the only differnce I was in the house when I tried it. I'm thinking it may be a setting in the camera as the light to dark line is along the horizon.

Last edited:
yes I tried it when I found out there was an issue, the only differnce I was in the house when I tried it. I'm thinking it may be a setting in the camera as the light to dark line is along the horizon.
?? As pyrate suggested... try posting a video or representative frame(s). In the meantime, think of what you may have done differently from the other times you used the GP under the same conditions.

?? As pyrate suggested... try posting a video or representative frame(s). In the meantime, think of what you may have done differently from the other times you used the GP under the same conditions.
Working it right now
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

that is from the SD Card from gopro?
that looks like a bad feed issue.

If that is a direct recording on the SD card from gopro that is not good.
1st step
reformat the card using gopro not a computer
test outside solo again
if it still does that, then factory reset the gopro and try again
if it still does that, I would say you have a bad camera

that is from the SD Card from gopro?
that looks like a bad feed issue.

If that is a direct recording on the SD card from gopro that is not good.
1st step
reformat the card using gopro not a computer
test outside solo again
if it still does that, then factory reset the gopro and try again
if it still does that, I would say you have a bad camera
The thing is I recorded with it when I got home it was fine, but it was in the house. The darkness appears to be alone the sky and ground line

That's a hardware problem & may be the the GoPro.
Take GoPro out from Solo, then install a micro HDMI to HDMI, to a TV.
If the same blank video showing on TV, then it's your GoPro.
I think it's you GoPro.

That is bizarre, the black is clearly following the line between the dark ground and the bright sky. Try recording a scene with similar contrast (hard break between light and dark) with the GoPro outside the Solo. It does seem like a GoPro issue, I can't imagine how the Solo would be causing the camera to be doing that.

The thing is I recorded with it when I got home it was fine, but it was in the house. The darkness appears to be alone the sky and ground line
Hope it's not an intermittent - a little tough to troubleshoot and you don't know if/when it will let you down again. If your ambient outdoor temps are anything like mine in SW Florida, it could be a heat induced issue - though GP just usually shuts down.

I have two favorite troubleshooting methods (particularly for intermittents):
  1. change the temp of the device from 'normal' and try it, AND
  2. beat (tap) on it.
    Do these while monitoring the output.
    Don't melt, dent or scratch anything
Just use one of those methods at a time... :cool:

Reactions: SteveReno
Hope it's not an intermittent - a little tough to troubleshoot and you don't know if/when it will let you down again. If your ambient outdoor temps are anything like mine in SW Florida, it could be a heat induced issue - though GP just usually shuts down.

I have two favorite troubleshooting methods (particularly for intermittents):
  1. change the temp of the device from 'normal' and try it, AND
  2. beat (tap) on it.
    Do these while monitoring the output.
    Don't melt, dent or scratch anything
Just use one of those methods at a time... :cool:
Your troubleshooting methods needs to add some music "Beat it" by Jackson :)

Reactions: SARDG
Thanks guys going to stop on the way home again tonight will give your ideas a try.

Is this a new gopro?
If so I would try and return that bugger
owned many gopros over the years, never seen anything like that

Reactions: SARDG
...owned many gopros over the years, never seen anything like that
Me either and own four GPs. But then, haven't seen 99% of the Solo system symptoms posted around here.

If it's going to cost you money, then you can try what Pirate suggested here "For Video feed problems Click here"
You got us all scratching our heads on this one? Never seen feed like that before? it reacts to the horizon?

Is this a new gopro?
If so I would try and return that bugger
owned many gopros over the years, never seen anything like that
Nope this is a Hero 3 Black I have had for years and its never let me down! I'm going to up grade soon but would like to know what the heck is going on with it.

If it's going to cost you money, then you can try what Pirate suggested here "For Video feed problems Click here"
You got us all scratching our heads on this one? Never seen feed like that before? it reacts to the horizon?
LMAO! yep its got me stumped also, been using GoPros for years, the UAV company I work for bought a few after we used mine a a few flight test. I will figure it out in time and will let everyone here know. I truly appreciate the feedback guys.
H-
[I also reached out to GoPro direct with this one, maybe they can figure it out?]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44