GoPro 3+ Black Without a Gimbal

• Thread starter Deleted member 7413
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7413

Just received the refurbished Solo from 3DR and even though I haven't yet flown it, everything seems to check out except the camera settings.

The Solo comes without the 3axis Gimbal which I'm not familiar with because I've been lucky to have the one with the 3axis Gimbal. I'm not sure if it's normal with the fixed Gimbal, but I can't switch between the video and photo mode. With the exact same GoPro 3+ Black on the Solo with the 3axis Gimbal this is not an issue; I'm able to access and set all the parameters within both the Solo app and the Solex app.

Anyone know if this is normal or am I just missing something?

Thanks in advance.

I think those features are accessed via the hero bus on the GoPro. The gimbal has a connector for that but it's not used with the fixed mount.
So I think you need the gimbal to access what you're missing.

I think those features are accessed via the hero bus on the GoPro. The gimbal has a connector for that but it's not used with the fixed mount.
So I think you need the gimbal to access what you're missing.
Thanks for the info and quick reply. Is this explained in the Solo user manual? If it is I didn't see it.

Thanks for the info and quick reply. Is this explained in the Solo user manual? If it is I didn't see it.
I don't think so. A lot of the camera capability came along long after Solo was first released. The manual has had some updates but I don't think this made it.

It does show how to select the video and photo mode, but it doesn't explain that these options are only available with the 3axis Gimbal and not the fixed mount.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig