Good News.. Good News.. & Good News!

I did speak with a rep from Blackmagic at the show who confirmed that they were in active discussions with 3DR to develop a mod which would allow their camera to work with and be controlled by the Solo. Said they were probably about a month out. But that same rep was clueless about current FAA regs with respect to UAVs so who knows.

I'll tell you straight up that's BS on the part of the BMD rep.
I'm one of the beta people on the MicroCinema 4K (and have been working with Ursa/mini/production for a year). There are talks of getting it to work with Solo, but most importantly, it's Blackmagic. NOTHING happens that fast.

Yea rc lipos don't do well in storage especially when we don't have the options to do maintenance like with normal lipo chargers. I lost a couple surface rc packs from storage in my garage over this summer, I didn't use my surface stuff much cause I been flying. Went to drive the X01 and one of its packs and one of my tc packs crapped out in the couple months they were sitting. Those aren't as expensive as these "smart" packs though, I've been at least cycling my p2 batts occasionally and my older one is doing same as yours while taking off. It was going on about 90 flights though so I knew it was close.

What's odd is lipos for my drills and saws or my blower and weed wacker all seem to do ok with storage. They're higher voltage 20v and 56v but I'm not real sure what makes them and other electronics lipos seem more stable than all the Rc ones I've owned. Guess there just made a bit better or more heavy duty, still seems almost like rc packs are made to fail sooner than later to me at least so we're forced to buy new ones ever 6 months or yearly.

Ideally LiPo cells should be stored at 3/4 charge. The self discharge is low, so they can and will sit on the shelf longer than any other battery type. The cooler the environment, the lower the self discharge. However, if any of the individual cells are allowed to drop below the safe cell voltage which varies by vendor they are toast. I have lipo packs that have been stored for 10 years without issue.

If @3DR creates a gimbal capable of hanging a DSLR I will tattoo "3DR" somewhere on my body ...

I've been clipping some awesome shots from video but I want - need raw format and more megapixels!

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Ideally LiPo cells should be stored at 3/4 charge. The self discharge is low, so they can and will sit on the shelf longer than any other battery type. The cooler the environment, the lower the self discharge. However, if any of the individual cells are allowed to drop below the safe cell voltage which varies by vendor they are toast. I have lipo packs that have been stored for 10 years without issue.

I'm far from an expert but have had at least 50 lipo batteries between aerial, surface, tools and otherwise and I've had good luck with some not so much with others. I haven't had any stored ten years cause not much I had used them then and I wouldn't trust or use most ten year old tech, beside being outdated and obsolete these are known to cause fires and that would scare me. Some will last and some won't I've always heard that somewhere near 50 percent is what most folks shoot for and normally keep them around there and still have packs that malfunction. I also would rather buy a new battery than constantly worry over the ones I never use if I pull something from the graveyard to use again, so maybe I'm just not as concerned about saving mine as I could be I suppose. Something solos size and price in the air imho needs fairly new packs to be safe and trouble free, otherwise with surface stuff I use older packs.
If you've had them last 10 years stored after being used cheers that's great, but I don't believe it's the norm for most folks. Most would be used up and discarded well before they had that amount of time and every manufacturers batteries are different qualities as well from what I've seen and prices seem to confirm.

Maybe 75 is better though I've not tried that, is there any advantage other than being farther from the seperate cells minimum voltage in this?
Not arguing your points, just had different experience in mine personally. Thanks for your post maybe something you offer will extend mines life cause that's a long azz time to store anything.

BM is not very concerned with helping anyone develop a gimbal. they told me if I wanted to develop a gimbal for the Micro I'd have to by or rent one. Ribcage on the other hand has been very helpful and said if I wanted to develop a gimbal for their camera they'd even market it on their website

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Can't we all just get along?
Forgot to add my racial profile, 1/2 German 1/2 Jew and 1/4 French and pretty bad at math...

Reactions: bjswx
let me translate lolololol >>> wtf man :D you here in forums too.. it's now hard to buy solo because not yet available in asia

Ha. It would take awhile to get there in Asia. What drones are available there?

im from boracay bro, im chatting 3dr that was 3 months ago they said will be rolling international in asia but until now no still available i have ancient phantom 2 with 3 batteries useless + crappy rc the power led steady yellow wont arm the aircraft but you can smoothly tilt the gimbal my eyes almost dropping of googling to find a solution but no luck

im from boracay bro, im chatting 3dr that was 3 months ago they said will be rolling international in asia but until now no still available i have ancient phantom 2 with 3 batteries useless + crappy rc the power led steady yellow wont arm the aircraft but you can smoothly tilt the gimbal my eyes almost dropping of googling to find a solution but no luck

Try searching at DJI forums, if you haven't done that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso