Announcement in full:

Im confused. Cant zipline be replicated by setting Cable Cam and enabling free look ?

zipline can only be partially replicated by mpcc. to create a line with mpcc you have to fly really, really far away and set point a and then fly really, really far away in the other direction and set point b. and mpcc has free look, not spot lock.

zipline will set those points in both directions to 'infinity' automatically by just entering the zipline and hit start. on top of that, it has spot lock which will automatically keep the camera focused on a subject as the solo moves up and down the line. instant pivot.

Reactions: jibcamera
why does it make your favorite?
For one, I fly in stabilize a lot and with the 11" Solo finally hovers at 1/2 stick, not almost 3/4 as it does with the 10s. Slightly lower RPM means a little less responsive but a little smoother flight. It feels like I get slightly more time on a battery, but no formal tests and probably not enough to make a real difference anyway.

Reactions: Rex Barlow
Any word yet on new cameras?
Anything on the optical flow?
Any new hardware?

For one, I fly in stabilize a lot and with the 11" Solo finally hovers at 1/2 stick, not almost 3/4 as it does with the 10s. Slightly lower RPM means a little less responsive but a little smoother flight. It feels like I get slightly more time on a battery, but no formal tests and probably not enough to make a real difference anyway.
thank u and I can see your point..

What 11"s are you using?

Any word yet on new cameras?
Anything on the optical flow?
Any new hardware?
Optical flow will come via a mod, this includes a nice 3D printed housing, I believe the mod even includes the tether connection so is the exact set-up that's flying in the cage at NAB, that's my understanding.

I thought they were getting out of DIY ;)
None of the DIY solutions are official 3DR, at least some will be driven forward by ex-3DR people or those already involved in Arducopter.

There's a genuine desired to see Solo gets all that was promised for it plus more besides, even if that means turning to DIY or third parties.

None of the DIY solutions are official 3DR, at least some will be driven forward by ex-3DR people or those already involved in Arducopter.

There's a genuine desired to see Solo gets all that was promised for it plus more besides, even if that means turning to DIY or third parties.
It seems as though 3DR itself isn't interested though since they've come up with nothing on the consumer level that's new and you can actually purchase. I'm happy there are ex-employees who care enough to try to bring the original promises to fruition, but that's not the same as the company standing behind and fulfilling their promises. They've shown off some really nice 3DR multiple battery chargers, that they aren't going to sell. Showing off the long promised optical flow, that is on a custom quad and you can't purchase. I'm loving the upcoming software enhancements, but that's par for the course. A lot of us just wanted basic updated hardware accessories to allow Solo to perform longer and a little better, and not stuff you need to be spending thousands of dollars to get. There are maybe 3 or 4 people on this site that would purchase the newer cameras/gimbals. Everything else is just eye candy to the rest of us regular consumers who aren't professional videographers. I didn't purchase the Solo for enterprise features, and it wasn't marketed or sold as such.

Fortunately I'm content with a GoPro. Air time is the biggest thing for me, and probably high on the list for almost everyone. A larger capacity battery is probably the single easiest thing 3DR could develop and have a huge bang-for-the-buck to both consumer and commercial users. I'm really surprised they haven't done it. I plan to wire in an XT60 pigtail to the inside of Solo to connect another LiPo in parallel and just velcro it to the belly. Strapping a lightweight HK Multistar 4000 or 5200mah battery to the belly could bump the flight time up to 25+ minutes. That would go a long way to setting up complex shots and executing them.

6mm prop nuts.
hmm, but the props not fit with the original motors.
Could you take a Picture?
I have many different props here,, but the motor shaft is to short for all this props without self-lock nuts..
thanks!

hmm, but the props not fit with the original motors.
Could you take a Picture?
I have many different props here,, but the motor shaft is to short for all this props without self-lock nuts..
thanks!
Earlier in the thread, I stated that I use T-motors, not stock. The T-motors have more of a standard size shaft that allows for a wide variation of props. If you would like to read more on the motor swap process, @RolandS888 has a great thread on it here..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44