Gimbal price drop! $199 on Amazon!

I think these drastic price reductions are fire sale prices. 3DR likely is trying to clear out its inventory as much as possible before they shut their doors for good. I feel totally screwed over by them because I had to pay the full price for the Solo body and gimbal, and have yet to get it to fly. THANKS FOR NOTHING 3DR!
Why? Why doesn't it fly?

I was told by the tech support person -- when they had a tech support line working as of 2/10 -- that the beeping sound the drone was making indicated the GPS wiring within the drone was not correctly done. He said he would send me an RMA and a return packaging slip. In almost two weeks, neither has happened. And to answer your question, no, I have never been able to get my Solo to fly. I have never even been able to get a GPS signal on the controller.
There have been a few with that issue and were able to quickly fix it themselves. The GPS cable was not plugged in completely in assembly or there was a wire that was not seated in the connector. Both fixed in just a minute of checking both ends.

The person on the phone said this was an option, but (1) any user operations almost always voids a warranty; (2) I have no instructions on how to do this; and (3) why should *I* have to fix something *3DR* screwed up? I'm very, very good with software, hardware not so much.
Sorry, I assumed you were looking for assistance. Not much in hardware knowledge needed. The cable could literally just need pushed in until it clicks. If it is easier to complain and return to 3DR for you, then by all means do what is easiest and best for your situation.
Take care..

Well then, why didn't you just return it to where you bought it for a new one?

User operations do not void warranty unless they are modifications. I had a bad HDMI cable. They gave me the option of sending it back for repair or shipping me a new cable to do it myself. I did it myself. My choice.

I understand your apprehension, and your frustration, but we need to keep with the truth here.

How certain are you about this? I know that in many situations, just "cracking the case" of a laptop voids the warranty.
We're very certain. Day before last I was told to do a similar operation myself.

Did more than one person successfully order 2 batteries with the 2 for 1 code? I tried on the weekend, it went through as accepted and then an hour later was rejected. 3DR just told me it was because of my ship to address and now they will not honour the promo code

I ordered on Saturday and got a confirmation number. This morning I got another email with my FedEx tracking number. I will check later today for an update using the tracking number. Looks like all is going smoothly.

I ordered on Saturday and got a confirmation number. This morning I got another email with my FedEx tracking number. I will check later today for an update using the tracking number. Looks like all is going smoothly.
Glad it worked for you. They told me to blow it out my ear basically

Do you live in the US? I know 3DR has policies/issues regarding orders from individuals living outside the US.
Yep, in Montreal Canada area. That's odd, they had no problem sending me a new gimbal via Fedex which I received yesterday.

Sweet, my "go to guy" at 3DR came through for me an is going to honor the 2 for 1 price! woohoo!

Damn... I ordered, the code worked, the order went through. I received a confirmation e-mail. Then, I got a cancellation notification :-(

I asked why, I wonder what they will tell me.

I also got a cancellation notice and submitted a ticket to ask why. No response yet. My guess is the inventory wasn't up to speed with the flood of orders they got for free batteries.

Set my gimbal back to Amazon today. Don't see the need to outlay $200 and have it on the shelf when that is the new everyday price and sales are sure to be had.

Got my return ticket from my Amazon account printed out. Went to UPS with the package and dropped it off. No sooner got in the car and an email popped up from Amazon stating they already processed my refund to my bank account. This before even receiving the gimbal.

How much more convenient could they make it?

I also got a cancellation notice and submitted a ticket to ask why. No response yet. My guess is the inventory wasn't up to speed with the flood of orders they got for free batteries.

Well, I'm sure you'll get it figured out. If a CSR tells you the code was for only one person like they told me, just explain that you know of multiple people who used the code and have received their fedex tracking numbers from 3DR etc. I did to a second CSR and he was very nice and re-processed my order and manually added the second free battery because of course the code was no longer valid.

Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44