Gimbal HDMI ribbon causing Rolling video?

I got rolling video today for the first time ever. Same place, updates, conditions etc. This is after replacing the wifi card in the solo.
I routed the hdmi cable behind a screw per a suggestion. Maybe it's now closer to some motor power cables.

I'll do some more tests but that makes me think it might be routing

I've had video problems too since changing wifi cards. I was forced to update the system the very same day I was testing them out, around 3-4 weeks ago, so wasn't sure if it was the cards or the update. Controller would keep working fine even though my screen went black. Finally took everything apart again and checked connections, no change. Rolling video, pixelated, and then nothing. Going to try putting the stock cards back this weekend and see if it gets better. Range without video is scary.

Hmmm. So possibly not routing. Interesting for me it was still fine after the controller card swap out, it was the solo swap out problem started. After I do some more tests I'm putting the controller one back to stock and trying my amped setup to high mw solo card. See if it changes rolling video whilst I'm at it

Update:
Followed manual suggestions, when no video on monitor & it worked, so far. Manual suggest to set up to 1080/30 then 720/60 then I set to my recording res. 2.7/60 . installed camera back for each setting, but video to come back till 720. It's juggling the resolution around to update something in Solo/controller, guess. But video seem a bit slower then without gimbal. Gimbal working perfect out the box. Just if anyone else having problems with no video or rolling video, check the help info on the Solo app.

Sent from the 4th dimension using my Nexus 6
Worked for a short one, rolling, pixelated, & no video at all. Dam!

Update:
Followed manual suggestions, when no video on monitor & it worked, so far. Manual suggest to set up to 1080/30 then 720/60 then I set to my recording res. 2.7/60 . installed camera back for each setting, but video to come back till 720. It's juggling the resolution around to update something in Solo/controller, guess. But video seem a bit slower then without gimbal. Gimbal working perfect out the box. Just if anyone else having problems with no video or rolling video, check the help info on the Solo app.

Sent from the 4th dimension using my Nexus 6
Still doesn't work.
Really lost what to do.

Flew with gimbal first time today. I have the lines rolling in the video.

Update:

Have you checked the HDMI connection on the main board? Sounds like your getting signal, but is intermittent which would be a poor connection somewhere....Sometimes going out to the main screen in the Solo app has re-established the video link if it gets frozen after a battery swap.

Hard to figure out, but, its working again, not perfect, but video comes up from start. But like its slow, shakes and sometime blanks out.
Took it apart to see any loose connections.no problems with gimbal movement. Examined HDMI plugs and ports internal and external with magnifying glass, looked OK I guess? Nothing obvious.

Symptoms slow video "slower then normal", rolling video and blanking out. "Happens when a little distance out 50ft+"

I think I noticed slower/blankin just after last update? Prior to gimbal install, but more prominent since install of gimbal.

My computer is down, but should be back up by Tuesday? Then I will undo the radio cfg mod, see if that has any thing to do with it.
Also heard that a update coming soon.
I'll figure it out, or back to 3dr I guess..

Any updates from users with this problem?
I guess 3dr is going to be the only other option.

I ended up sending my gimbal back with an RMA. 3DR was pretty sure it was a bad HDMI ribbon. Not sure if everyone here has the same exact issue (video I posted earlier in thread). but there seems to be several similar but most likely slightly different feed problems that cause these intermittent, jumpy, rolling or absent video feed issues. I'll update when I get mine back.

Thanks for giving it a shot. Heres what it looks like.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Looks like its a Sync problem, its technical talk, but the monitor is loosing lock every now and then, because of intermittent sync.

Lines, like in lines or rolling flutter lines. Video example would be helpful....15 seconds worth...

I let my disappointment with gimbal flop get the better of me. Meaning after looking at the video again it's clearly not rolling anything or lines. It's prop shadows. The shadows appeared only when Solo was pointed in a specific angle relative to the sun. And no I didn't put the hood on my H4B. I'm pleased to discover this and gladly admit my stupidity.

The reason for my disappointment:
[1. After several attempts at meticulously routing the wires so that it worked correctly indoors, it's clear that I'm going to have to disassemble the copter and clear up any tension on the yaw motor, i.e. I had a couple of instances of gimbal flop on this maiden gimbal flight. 2. Since buying Solo I used copters that ship with a gimbal so Solo spent most of it's life in the box while waiting on gimbal. And yet I think I have a bad motor or something. Solo has an oscillation from left-rear to right-front where it rocks like one of the motors is pulsing. So yes I was fairly disgusted. And that's why I jumped the gun.]

I let my disappointment with gimbal flop get the better of me. Meaning after looking at the video again it's clearly not rolling anything or lines. It's prop shadows. The shadows appeared only when Solo was pointed in a specific angle relative to the sun. And no I didn't put the hood on my H4B. I'm pleased to discover this and gladly admit my stupidity.

The reason for my disappointment:
[1. After several attempts at meticulously routing the wires so that it worked correctly indoors, it's clear that I'm going to have to disassemble the copter and clear up any tension on the yaw motor, i.e. I had a couple of instances of gimbal flop. 2. Since buying Solo I used copters that ship with a gimbal so Solo spent most of it's life in the box while waiting on gimbal. And yet I think I have a bad motor or something. Solo has an oscillation from left-rear to right-front where it rocks like one of the motors is pulsing. So yes I was fairly disgusted. And that's why I jumped the gun.]

No stupid here, I experienced the same yesterday - prop shadows. That's why I asked.

Regarding your second statement - Solo has an oscillation from left-rear to right-front where it rocks like one of the motors is pulsing. I to have experienced the same oscillation. I have sent 3DR my log files just yesterday. They say they can analyze the file and determine excessive vibration, we'll see. Mine appears to be from Motor #4. I did find an issue there and forwarded on photos of the motor to them as well. It's out of balance for sure, how much I'm not sure. I know I can run the motors one by one within Mission Planner, just haven't had the time to dig in and learn the procedure to test the motor.

No stupid here, I experienced the same yesterday - prop shadows. That's why I asked.

Regarding your second statement - Solo has an oscillation from left-rear to right-front where it rocks like one of the motors is pulsing. I to have experienced the same oscillation. I have sent 3DR my log files just yesterday. They say they can analyze the file and determine excessive vibration, we'll see. Mine appears to be from Motor #4. I did find an issue there and forwarded on photos of the motor to them as well. It's out of balance for sure, how much I'm not sure. I know I can run the motors one by one within Mission Planner, just haven't had the time to dig in and learn the procedure to test the motor.

Well, that is interesting. I didn't say this but I like the video from H4B vs the captive cameras of my other quads. Once I clear tension from the yaw motor and the cause of the pulsing I expect to have a lot of good results. But sheesh :)

Hmmm. So possibly not routing. Interesting for me it was still fine after the controller card swap out, it was the solo swap out problem started. After I do some more tests I'm putting the controller one back to stock and trying my amped setup to high mw solo card. See if it changes rolling video whilst I'm at it
So after swapping out the new cards for the stock, I had the same problem with bad video. Looking at where the antenna wire was going (right beside the bus, or whatever those plug thingys are called) I thought it looked wrong (the one going to the far side of the body from the wifi card). I positioned it over the circuit board instead of under (which is probably where it was originally positioned), plugged the motors in and booted up. Perfect video. If your antenna wire's in the same spot, there's your problem.

Reactions: bjswx
@JohnSal Your results will improve, the cabling routing can resolve much if not all of the issues. My problem is that I'm more mechanical than anything else, so I have a tendency to focus on "finding" these kind of issues. Many times I just make it worse...LOL.

I am having this problem too. I get a clear video image when it's not moving or moving really slow but then I get a rolling image when i am moving. it seems to me that it started when I changed the wifi settings. I now have a strong wifi signal but the video has become an issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso