Fly Manual - Help! Something Feels Wrong!

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am afraid to take off in Fly Manual because I have a feeling something is not right with Solo. When I first get solo into manual mode I get "Lower Throttle!". I lower the throttle and am able to get Solo's motors running and it does take input however Solo does not seem to lower throttle all the way down to turn off.

Please take a look at the 2 attached videos. All your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James D.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To take off in manual, the stick has to be in the bottom position to start the motors. It doesn't want you to start at half throttle. I take off in manual always:

Once GPS lock is obtained, I lower the throttle to the bottom left corner. This will start the motors. The gradually raise throttle over 1/2 throttle to take off.

The motors are turned off by lowering the throttle stick all the way to the left and holding.

This was the first time I tried setting solo to Fly Manual and it had me a little worried. I guess all is normal then. How long do I have to hold the throttle sick down and left for the motors to shut off? I tried it in the video above but it seems to not respond.

Thanks everyone! Any other tips for a beginner in Fly Manual would be greatly appreciated.

Guys I have one other concern. I launched the simulator and controller and I noticed immediately on the simulator that the control sticks are not centered from the start. When I took off with the simulator the solo went all over the place... Take a look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: erikgraham

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado