Firmware 2.4.2? Is this new?

Reaction score
See Title.

I just installed this and took off. GPS stopped working immediately after takeoff and it crashed. Hopefully unrelated.

From the release notes:

New in version 2.4.2:
*Fixes an issue where brand new drones required a stick calibration before their first flight
*There are no other changes since 2.4.1

If nothing else, it says that 3SR still has someone working on the Android app. Maybe there's hope for the 3D zip line and Return to Me bugs.

Can you elaborate on your crash? Did it drop to manual upon GPS loss?

Update for iOS also 2.4.2
Flies fine.
No control problems.
But.........
Camera HB4 Feed not coming thur? replaced H4B battery.
Gimbal works, G.Lite Pulsing.
Restarted everything 3 times, checked connection, Change camera types " No other options" avalibile besides "Save to camera roll"
Stumped?
Dam Update!?

great catch thanks for the heads up
on vacation but the weather has not cooperated.
almost updated mine

Update for iOS also 2.4.2
Flies fine.
No control problems.
But.........
Camera HB4 Feed not coming thur? replaced H4B battery.
Gimbal works, G.Lite Pulsing.
Restarted everything 3 times, checked connection, Change camera types " No other options" avalibile besides "Save to camera roll"
Stumped?
Dam Update!?
Update....
Sneaky little B$%&$!!
Figured out, from my probelm solving/elimination processes, tat this update from 3DR 2.4.2, checks to see if you have the new GoPro update 4.0, If not, GoPro will not record " acts" like it does. Feed will not come to screen.
Formatted SD card as a last resort, before upgrading to 4.0, but still no go.
Did the update v4.0. & immediately, Solo & system liked it enough to work...............So far?

Last edited:
Reactions: Perry Lawrence
Update....
Sneaky little B$%&$!!
Figured out, from my probelm solving/elimination processes, tat this update from 3DR 2.4.2, checks to see if you have the new GoPro update 4.0, If not, GoPro will not record " acts" like it does. Feed will not come to screen.
Did the update, & immediately, Solo & system liked it enough to work...............So far?
Hi,
Are you meaning that if we do not want to update GoPro to 4.0, we should not update Solo to 2.4.2 ?

Reactions: SARDG
Update....
Sneaky little B$%&$!!
Did the update, & immediately, Solo & system liked it enough to work...............So far?

I just tested my latest BestBuy Solo, updated everything to 2.4.2, and everything works - video feed, recording, changing camera settings. I'm using the Android app.

Did you try iOS and Android? On the GoPro 4.0 firmware, was there still the video feed crop issue?

Hi,
Are you meaning that if we do not want to update GoPro to 4.0, we should not update Solo to 2.4.2 ?
Yeah... 'cause I ain't updating to GP 4.x, so... looks like we need a few more reports with Android. Why would they tie GP 4.x with 2.4.2??

Reactions: Deleted member 5038
I just tested my latest BestBuy Solo, updated everything to 2.4.2, and everything works - video feed, recording, changing camera settings. I'm using the Android app.

Did you try iOS and Android? On the GoPro 4.0 firmware, was there still the video feed crop issue?
So, just to be clear... you're running GP 3.x on a GP4B with 3DR 2.4.2?

So, just to be clear... you're running GP 3.x on a GP4B with 3DR 2.4.2?

Yes, on Andorid, GoPro Hero 4 Black with firmware version 3.0, Solo and controller updated to 2.4.2, and the video feed was fine, could change settings, start/stop recording and the GoPro recorded fine. Tested it on the ground, but I can't imagine why it would work there but not in the air.

The only thing I noticed was that the overlay that lists the frame size/rate/etc was small and in the upper left corner of the video - so the overlay that says "2.7k 60fps medium" or whatever, was small and in the corner of the video display, but the video itself was full screen as always. Not sure if this has anything to do with it. Pretty minor if so.

Yes, on Andorid, GoPro Hero 4 Black with firmware version 3.0, Solo and controller updated to 2.4.2, and the video feed was fine, could change settings, start/stop recording and the GoPro recorded fine. Tested it on the ground, but I can't imagine why it would work there but not in the air.

The only thing I noticed was that the overlay that lists the frame size/rate/etc was small and in the upper left corner of the video - so the overlay that says "2.7k 60fps medium" or whatever, was small and in the corner of the video display, but the video itself was full screen as always. Not sure if this has anything to do with it. Pretty minor if so.

Regarding changes I noticed: I am using 2.4.2 on android with H4Black V4.
2.7k AND 1080P now zoom on on live feed while recording. The recorded video seems unaffected.
I have a funny little rectangle in the top left of the video feed. I think the overlay is scaled wrong. I'll post a picture the next time I fly.

Regarding my crash, i think it was unrelated. I have had this drone do this to me 3 times where just prior to GPS loss, it goes into a runnaway condition. The calculated position must change before the drone realizes it has lost position and it responds by trying to get into the position was sitting it. It is already there, but takes off trying to get to an incorrect position.

Because of this, I have set my hotkey B to Manual from now on so that if it starts to take off in a tight area, I can get manual control. PITA to say the least. I am requesting new blades.

Wait Mr GruntHunter, Mr. User Name saying he hasn't experienced the same probelm with feed that i did, He is also using V3.0 for his GoPro, So my probelm may have been just a stubborn or stuck camera?
I using iOS iPad, I was about to try my Nexus 6, but i was already updating my GoPro to V4.0
I may try to reinstall V.3.0 back on the H4B

"why it would work there but not in the air." Are you saying you had problems with feed after you was in the air?

"why it would work there but not in the air." Are you saying you had problems with feed after you was in the air?

No, I haven't flown it yet. That was on my latest BestBuy Solo, I had just put the gimbal in and checked it over to make sure it was all working. I didn't notice if the video was cropped when recording, I'll check for that tomorrow and report back.

Just got back from another quick test. Everything worked right.
Feed was PERFECT!, Smooth take off, Ran full speed for 4 blocks & back, used RTH, Landed extra SOFTLY.
Also, I believe there was a actual error with update 2.4.2 reading V3.0 from the GoPro cause. with this update, they fixed the Zoomed in effect, when going from pause/Not recording to recording in video feed is corrected now. Same size & stable...

The only way i can confirm that the 2.4.2 with a GoPro V3.0 was at fault, is to downgrade my H4B or someone else tries to update with a H4 V3.0 camera.
Going to play a little bit more with V.4 first.

User Name, Yes unpacking my BB Solo also.

Last edited:
Just got back from another quick test. Everything worked right.
Feed was PERFECT!, Smooth take off, Ran full speed for 4 blocks & back, used RTH, Landed extra SOFTLY..
Was that test on Android, Steve? Was it back to GP v3 or on v4?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado