Firmware 1.3.0 is out

Thank you everyone for your feedback. After doing multiple tests, I think I encountered 2 issues.

1. This could be related with the seating and/or power cycling of the GoPro as some of you mentioned. This was probably the case when I first encountered the issue. I remember it worked for about 4 to 5 minutes at my desk while I just updated the app. when the issue happens I can still change the settings for still images but not for video. I can start/stop the video and take still images anytime. I went to sleep since it was already late

2.Next day I brought my gear to the office and changed my GoPro to time lapse. Since this can't be done from the Solo app I did it manually. This would definitely be a good feature to be added to the app for the future so you don't have to take you camera off during flights and battery change and doing different shots! I just confirmed that being in time lapse disables your video settings. when I switched back to "regular" video mode, all my settings are now accessible. So that explains I guess I was seeing. Maybe I expected too much.

I noticed in some of the seen shot when this was announce that there was spot metering and EV comp option in the app which I don't see. (Announcing Solo App Version 1.3: GoPro control | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology)

Does anyone of you see these options?
Thanks again everyone for pointing me into the right direction.
spot metering and EV, I also seen this, but have not had a chance to check it out again. I know it wasn't there there when i first checked.

spot metering and EV, I also seen this, but have not had a chance to check it out again. I know it wasn't there there when i first checked.

Hi Steve,

That is good to hear, can you send us an update when you find out? That would be great!
Thanks a lot.

Just had the same problem not recognizing my GP4B. after a few hours of checking everything inc GP firmware it turns out that the Solo App does not like PAL settings inc 50 fps or 25/24 fps or any other non standard NTSC setting. If you manually set GP4B to standard NTSC settings manually or using the GoPro App then connect it to the Solo all is happy ...... except those people who live in the world where PAL is the standard.

Still looking for my slider bar for frames per second as advertised in the video add on the 3DR Solo www site. when will I get this?

I get the same problem, my GP4B not reconized.
I use Pal (In Europ) so I will try with NTSC.

Just had the same problem not recognizing my GP4B. after a few hours of checking everything inc GP firmware it turns out that the Solo App does not like PAL settings inc 50 fps or 25/24 fps or any other non standard NTSC setting. If you manually set GP4B to standard NTSC settings manually or using the GoPro App then connect it to the Solo all is happy ...... except those people who live in the world where PAL is the standard.

Still looking for my slider bar for frames per second as advertised in the video add on the 3DR Solo www site. when will I get this?

Good finding. I can see the FPS in the toolbar.

Attachments

• video options.png
    video options.png
    331.9 KB · Views: 20
I guess you didn't read the thread Vu Tran sent out stating PAL is not available at the moment.

Still my GP4B is not recognized and being in Europe I use PAL settings.
I asked to 3DR about it and I have just rcvd an answer from Gary at 3DR Support saying that NTSC or PAL should not affect Solo at all...
Tonight I willl try and change from PAL to NTSC anyway to see what happens....

Still my GP4B is not recognized and being in Europe I use PAL settings.
I asked to 3DR about it and I have just rcvd an answer from Gary at 3DR Support saying that NTSC or PAL should not affect Solo at all...
Tonight I willl try and change from PAL to NTSC anyway to see what happens....

Try NTSC I use also PAL and I had the same problem not recognizing my GP 3+ Black.
When I switch to NTSC it work fine. I also write to 3DR befor to try NTSC now I will wait the feedback.

Reactions: Nick F
Try NTSC I use also PAL and I had the same problem not recognizing my GP 3+ Black.
When I switch to NTSC it work fine. I also write to 3DR befor to try NTSC now I will wait the feedback.
I Confirm the same!
Despite what Gary at 3Dr says with Ntsc all settings work fine.
With Pal they are all greyed out instead.
I sent the report back to him... let's hope 3dr will fix it soon.

Reactions: Nazgul
Change the framefate from 25 fps to 24 fps. Fixed my GH4B being recognized and now able to change camera settings in solo app. When shooting in Pal 24 fps is native.

i have same/similar problem.

I updated to 1.3 for Solo and Controller. After that the app said my GoPro (H4B) needed updating. I updated it to 3.0 and now I cant get access to the camera controls. The app reports "Invalid Camera Model Detected". I am running app on Android (Samsung Galaxy Note 4)

I have tried power cycling everthing in various combinations. I forced stop the app and have now given up. Its very frustrating.

i have same/similar problem.

I updated to 1.3 for Solo and Controller. After that the app said my GoPro (H4B) needed updating. I updated it to 3.0 and now I cant get access to the camera controls. The app reports "Invalid Camera Model Detected". I am running app on Android (Samsung Galaxy Note 4)

I have tried power cycling everthing in various combinations. I forced stop the app and have now given up. Its very frustrating.
Did the update for the GP installed properly?
Can you re-select GP from Solo app?
I'm sure you did these, but, just a chance you didn't.

Certainly 3DR should fix any and all PAL issues, but why not shoot in NTSC? It will play just fine on any computer and can be uploaded to any streaming service (YouTube, Vimeo, etc).

If your shooting for broadcast in Europe, then sure you need PAL, but if the footage is really meant for broadcast, then it obviously going to be edited professionaly and it will be easy enough to convert to PAL in post.

Even if you simply plan to plug your GoPro directly into a TV, most modern TVs will handle NTSC just fine.

After the updates, has anyone had any problems turning off recording on the GoPro through the Solo App?
iPad Mini user here. It's a little annoying because every time I finish a flight, I can't turn off the recording. I have to power down the solo and goPro, then turn on the GoPro so that it can repair the video. I hope they fix that soon.

After the updates, has anyone had any problems turning off recording on the GoPro through the Solo App?
iPad Mini user here. It's a little annoying because every time I finish a flight, I can't turn off the recording. I have to power down the solo and goPro, then turn on the GoPro so that it can repair the video. I hope they fix that soon.
Have you updated the Solo app and the 3DR services app as well?
I noticed this was happening with mine too, updated the apps now all is well.

Reactions: DroneNerd702
When the APP says there is an update, it's talking about the firmware which doesn't come via the App Store/Play Store. If there is an APP update, it (the notification) will come via the App/Play store.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44