Drone Flew away

So from your other post with more detail.... you pressed the home button, it began to climb to the RTH altitude, then just kept climbing up into oblivion? At some on it's journey up up and away, you say it lost GPS and began drift away too? And you say none of the buttons or controls did anything? Did the controller say lost GPS or are you assuming that?

So from your other post with more detail.... you pressed the home button, it began to climb to the RTH altitude, then just kept climbing up into oblivion? At some on it's journey up up and away, you say it lost GPS and began drift away too? And you say none of the buttons or controls did anything? Did the controller say lost GPS or are you assuming that?

It flew up and lost gps?

I thought the higher you go the better gps, no obstructions, clearer line of site to the satellites. Less electrostatic interference. (Or is that the other way round?)

Mine gets better HDOP the higher I go.

Hmmmm

Well, you live and learn, everyday is a school day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, my drone took off in mid flight. I mean it literally took off, straight up, and then out of sight., I lost contact with it after trying the HOME button and the AIRBRAKE button. The last picture I received showed it very high and moving away form me.
Has anybody had this happen?
I have lost the drone and my sons gopro as well. I have alerted the local police in case it damages anything.

Its possible that the solo was hacked and stolen by criminals. But, maybe better to consider more likely, less complicated theories.

Iwilliam-of-ockham-razor-quote.png

Though, hacking the Solo is definitely possible, this in my opinion is highly, highly unlikely :)
There is much bigger probability you got wrong GPS data.

Reactions: JimB13
Yes, I agree, and it's easy for new flyer to mistake loss of gps connection and automatic switch to manual as flyaway. This is especially so if flyer loses orientation and forgets in a panic which way is forward and backward. I have never seen solo rapidly ascend on its own in manual mode. But, I have noticed some considerable drift in wind. Easy to control close up when you are oriented and can easily see drone. Different ballgame if surprise disconnect happens when drone is at maximum range and you forget which way you're pointing.

I bought my first solo because I thought it looked like a real drone was supposed to look and because 3DR said they will replace in event of "flyaway." This was back in the olden days when a solo went for $1400 with gimbal. I figured these engineers must be real confident in their algorithms so I would be too. I soon realized, however, that a lot of things can happen that look and feel like a " flyaway" but do not actually meet the technical definition as used by manufacturer.

PatrickDugin- I recommend you file a trouble report with 3dr via the Solo app and send in your logs for analysis.
(This has happened before for a variety of reasons).

If you post the logs here, a resident expert may offer up an opinion as to what happened.

There are several threads here that explain how to post logs if you don't already know.
Thank you I will try that

I bought my first solo because I thought it looked like a real drone was supposed to look and because 3DR said they will replace in event of "flyaway." This was back in the olden days when a solo went for $1400 with gimbal. I figured these engineers must be real confident in their algorithms so I would be too. I soon realized, however, that a lot of things can happen that look and feel like a " flyaway" but do not actually meet the technical definition as used by manufacturer.
I do not like the sound of that. I will let you all know what happens

Sounds like you had a mission programmed and it executed the mission

for me it sounds like you got a faulty barometer(value) that stated Solo is to low in positon, so it throttles up the motors and tries to get to the correct altitude

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig