Drone Flew away

Reaction score
Hello, my drone took off in mid flight. I mean it literally took off, straight up, and then out of sight., I lost contact with it after trying the HOME button and the AIRBRAKE button. The last picture I received showed it very high and moving away form me.
Has anybody had this happen?
I have lost the drone and my sons gopro as well. I have alerted the local police in case it damages anything.

Solo's are very vulnerable to getting hacked. I'm also new to Solo and have been researching it's wifi vulnerability. Some people don't believe it and it's hogwash but it's very real. See link to vids.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It sounds as though this may have happened to you.

:D:D:D:D

Possible? Yes. Probable? NO!

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I had mine take off yesterday when I hit AUTO in Tower. Since it was headed in the general direction off my house, I assume I had an erroneous WP. It stopped when I hit the A button (set as Fly:Manual), and obeyed the controller when I used it for the rest of the flight.

Reactions: PatrickDugan
the first video the guy started off logged into the network, and in the second the guy still talks about the default password
If you don't change your password right out of the gate with something descent you should get hacked

I had mine take off yesterday when I hit AUTO in Tower. Since it was headed in the general direction off my house, I assume I had an erroneous WP. It stopped when I hit the A button (set as Fly:Manual), and obeyed the controller when I used it for the rest of the flight.

that would be standard behavior if there was a mission stored in the solo
one thing that makes good practice, any time you finish flying missions, upload an empty mission to solo as the last thing you do
that way if it should accidently get put into auto there are no waypoints to fly to

Reactions: T Bird
I can't even find it in me to criticize the hacking conclusion due to the absurdity of it. I feel it needs no further attention because it's so obviously not the case.

Reactions: JimB13 and Jameson
I can't even find it in me to criticize the hacking conclusion due to the absurdity of it. I feel it needs no further attention because it's so obviously not the case.

What say you? Deep in a bunker on the East coast of the US is a guy named Craigiri who set off a homing beacon calling all Solo's home like Data to his father.

Once they all return they will be sacrificed to the great Wang. Geesh you Guy's and your conspiracy theories.

Reactions: Jubalr and Texzin
What say you? Deep in a bunker on the East coast of the US is a guy named Craigiri who set off a homing beacon calling all Solo's home like Data to his father.

Once they all return they will be sacrificed to the great Wang. Geesh you Guy's and your conspiracy theories.
LOL

PatrickDugin- I recommend you file a trouble report with 3dr via the Solo app and send in your logs for analysis.
(This has happened before for a variety of reasons).

If you post the logs here, a resident expert may offer up an opinion as to what happened.

There are several threads here that explain how to post logs if you don't already know.

Reactions: PatrickDugan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc