Colin Guinn webinar, I have to buy another Solo

Sad to see the breakups. Hoping everyone will make the best of it.

It doesn't sound like you know much about 3DR, and Solo or Rob Lefebvre. To be precise, there were 4 dedicated developers for Ardupilot supported b Arducopter y 3DR. of which Rob Lefebvre was one. Without them there would be no Arducopter as we know it today. There would be no Solo either. Where did you come up with an absurd number of 500? Because it's open source? If that's how you look at it, then even you are an Arducopter developer. You don't know what you're talking about. Do you think it's a coincidence AC 3.4 is several months late?

3DR dropped all support for Ardupilot which put those four devs out of work, but now there is Ardupilot.org which will hopefully be funded through other sources. Pixhawk 2 is being developed as open source now which 3DR is not funding either. Go to DIY Drones and do some research to save YOURSELF from looking like a fool.

It is true Arducopter and Solo had a separate team, but they share the exact same code with Solo having its own proprietary code for things like MPCC.

The question remains: Is what Rob Lefebvre said true or not?
seems like everyone is developing Arducopter, but like you said, there are just a few generous souls that does the coding. I stand corrected.

You have answered your own question " Is what Rob Lefebvre said true or not"
It's my opinion, but a obvious one, 3dr caned Rob Lefebvre & stopped funding project " Financially Speaking"
Sound like you know a lot about 3DR?
I would think that Rob Lefebvre, would be the last guy i would ask Private Corporate info from , he may have a Axe to grind with 3dr?

There is more then enough proof that 3DR is planning a bright future for it self in this world of multirotor all built on a past & presently a solid foundation.

We have been hearing " The sky is falling" for a long, long time here @3drPliots.
As long as 3DR is promoting their products "Solo" & dealing with warranty then i say that 3Dr is alive & kicking!

Not looking for a argument, just facts
"The sky isn't falling"

Everyone, go & enjoy your Solo, Until 3DR makes the Solo II...

Last edited:
seems like everyone is developing Arducopter, but like you said, there are just a few generous souls that does the coding. I stand corrected.

You have answered your own question " Is what Rob Lefebvre said true or not"
It's my opinion, but a obvious one, 3dr caned Rob Lefebvre & stopped funding project " Financially Speaking"
Sound like you know a lot about 3DR?
I would think that Rob Lefebvre, would be the last guy i would ask Private Corporate info from , he may have a Axe to grind with 3dr?

There is more then enough proof that 3DR is planning a bright future for it self in this world of multirotor all built on a past & presently a solid foundation.

We have been hearing " The sky is falling" for a long, long time here @3drPliots.
As long as 3DR is promoting their products "Solo" & dealing with warranty then i say that 3Dr is alive & kicking!

Not looking for a argument, just facts
"The sky isn't falling"

Everyone, go & enjoy your Solo, Until 3DR makes the Solo II...

I am 100% supportive of Arducopter and owned two Solo's before returning them (not for quality reasons). I'd have another today if my GPH4B didn't fry. It is an excellent flying machine and still is unmatched with respect to the FC system, and the frame is top quality. Rob L actually bought a Solo after he was let go (defunded) by 3DR, then created a moderated Solo thread because the trolls totally trashed the original Solo thread started by Franknitty69- ~20,000 posts with most by non-Solo owners intent on destroying 3DR. That thread should have been closed many months before it was.

Rob L has stated over and over Arducopter/Solo is the best flight control system available at any level, including so called "professional" systems. He is not bitter and has no axe to grind. If there's anything about Rob I've learned he is 100% genuine and tells it like it is. He has a reputation to maintain. You can be sure he got his information from inside sources, but OTOH they could be wrong. CG's video on May 26 gives no indication of 3DR dropping support for Android. To me it doesn't make sense, and I hope it isn't true what Rob posted; that's why I posed the question here.

IMO 3DR abandoning DIY and PH/PH2 was a huge mistake, but understand why. I just don't think they anticipated the market changing like it did (ex. GP stock dropping like a stone), and should have developed their own camera system. Most would agree they should have crowd sourced the beta testing of the Solo before selling to the public, much like is done with Arducopter.

and to end this hi jack and get back on topic...

i've inquired about the Flir gimbal from oem cameras and they've indicated summer 2016. it supports the Flir Vue power/hdmi module but i haven't seen that for sale anywhere.

Reactions: Benzo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44