Can I fly with gimble but no GoPro?

Reaction score
I just installed my gimble. Can I fly without a camera or do I always have to have my GoPro now?

Thanks,

From what I've been told, it's not good to fly without the GoPro attached to the gimbal.

Its probably a stupid question. Not sure when I would ever fly without. Maybe over water? Just thought I would ask. I have yet to fly with a camera. Will tomorrow!

The gimbal needs to be balanced when powered, otherwise the gimbal motors can be damaged just trying to keep it level. The best way to do that is with the proper GoPro camera.

You need to disable/uninstall the gimbal if you have no camera in the gimbal or you will damage the gimbal motor.

You need to disable/uninstall the gimbal if you have no camera in the gimbal or you will damage the gimbal motor.
That's what Andrew said in the post above yours, 4 hours earlier... o_O

How would you merely disable the gimbal without removing it? Seems like the same amount of work since you have to open everything up to unplug the connection(s).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig