Brand new dead gimbal!

Reaction score
Have brand new solo gimbal that had never flown. Hooked it up, Turned on battery on the Solo..,the Solo turns off! Determined that hdmi connector on board of gimbal was loose or something to that effect because the connector came off in my hand! Was not muscled at all. 3DR willing to replace but when I sent receipt of purchase (amazon prime) to 3DR who then said they would not grant warranty because seller was not authorized to sell! I clicked on the “prime” option on amazon thinking this is the best way to purchase. Now I have broken brand new gimbal with warranty that will not be honored because it was purchased by seller who apparently was not properly vetted. Amazon not the easiest to work with. Pretty upset needless to say. I’ve been told that a fix is almost impossible without damaging board etc.
any input would be greatly appreciated.

The HDMI connector came off? Might look a bit janky but you can run your own ribbon cable from the camera to the IMX.6 and bypass the hdmi port. Search amazon for FPV HDMI and you'll see what I am talking about. I have a broken gimbal, but the HDMI connector is also busted off. I am thinking of replacing the entire board with a storm32, but that's a project for another day as I have another working gimbal.

Attachments

• MicroHDMI.png
    MicroHDMI.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 25
Have you thought about sending it back to Amizon?

The HDMI connector came off? Might look a bit janky but you can run your own ribbon cable from the camera to the IMX.6 and bypass the hdmi port. Search amazon for FPV HDMI and you'll see what I am talking about. I have a broken gimbal, but the HDMI connector is also busted off. I am thinking of replacing the entire board with a storm32, but that's a project for another day as I have another working gimbal.
You do? Can I borrow it? :{) Thanks for that...Not real tech savvy on small things!

Jerral G. Waldron

Have brand new solo gimbal that had never flown. Hooked it up, Turned on battery on the Solo..,the Solo turns off! Determined that hdmi connector on board of gimbal was loose or something to that effect because the connector came off in my hand! Was not muscled at all. 3DR willing to replace but when I sent receipt of purchase (amazon prime) to 3DR who then said they would not grant warranty because seller was not authorized to sell! I clicked on the “prime” option on amazon thinking this is the best way to purchase. Now I have broken brand new gimbal with warranty that will not be honored because it was purchased by seller who apparently was not properly vetted. Amazon not the easiest to work with. Pretty upset needless to say. I’ve been told that a fix is almost impossible without damaging board etc.
any input would be greatly appreciated.
I had the same thing happen to me almost 2 years ago. I was fortunate & blessed to have someone here on the forum that was skilled to replace the HDMI connector. I ended up donating that gimbal to him. It was worth the T-Motor mod he did for me as well .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks