Best Tablet under $175 for 3DR Solo?

I got the AT&T Trek 2 also known as ZTE K88. It works well and is 149.00 outright or 99 cents with 2 year contract for 10.00 a month which includes LTE connection. 16gb storage and 2GB of ram. the 2 GB of ram is what I was most concerned with. I wasn't sure I needed the LTE or not but its nice to have. Solid tablet so far.

How is it going so far for you with your trek 2? Any issues using it with your solo? Thinking of getting this also as price right now is economically better than google nexus.

It has worked well. No issues at all. the 2 megs of ram is what makes the difference over the less expensive tablets with 1. While you don't need the LTE it is nice to have when using the tablet for other things. As it seems with every tablet the screen could be better in bright light.

It has worked well. No issues at all. the 2 megs of ram is what makes the difference over the less expensive tablets with 1. While you don't need the LTE it is nice to have when using the tablet for other things. As it seems with every tablet the screen could be better in bright light.
great. thanks a lot for the info. i think i will get one of this tablet as price is cheaper than other tablets compatible with Solo.

Trying to decide between the Samsung tab pro 8 and the Nvidia shield k1. Is either one better?

I just recently bought a Tab A 7" model and it runs Solex wonderfully. Have not tried the actually 3DR app yet. Downside is, it does not fit into the remote controller mount. Just a smidge too small, I ordered a body case for it that should make it large enough for it to fit.

I Just got this model also and just added a piece of velcro to the mount and it works well.

Trying to decide between the Samsung tab pro 8 and the Nvidia shield k1. Is either one better?

I was using a Tab S2 9.7" which worked well but was too big. Now I have a Nvidia Shield K1 8" which is the optimum size in my opinion. My phone was too small and the S2 was too big. I almost sprung for the S2 in 8" but it's $300 and I got the Shield for $159 on sale. Spec wise I'd say they are very close. This tablet is a dedicated Solo piece so I don't see any reason to go higher.

I was using a Tab S2 9.7" which worked well but was too big. Now I have a Nvidia Shield K1 8" which is the optimum size in my opinion. My phone was too small and the S2 was too big. I almost sprung for the S2 in 8" but it's $300 and I got the Shield for $159 on sale. Spec wise I'd say they are very close. This tablet is a dedicated Solo piece so I don't see any reason to go higher.
The Samsung has a higher resolution screen than the K1(2560x1600 vs 1920x1200) slightly more processing power (2.3GHz vs 2.2GHz) and can both be bought on Amazon right now for 170 used. And the Samsung has a USB 2.0 port

The Samsung has a higher resolution screen than the K1(2560x1600 vs 1920x1200) slightly more processing power (2.3GHz vs 2.2GHz) and can both be bought on Amazon right now for 170 used. And the Samsung has a USB 2.0 port

Crap....wait. HDMI and...

Screenshot_20170327-180042.png

Ugh you're killing me! I'm a complete Samsung fan boy and the price went up on the S2 8"! Oh well, the price will fall when the S3 comes out.

The performance on the K1 is really good though. The thing just flies through whatever you put in front of it and it updated to nougat immediately so I integrated the memory with an 128g micro sd card. I still haven't seen any update to my S2 9.7.

Crap....wait. HDMI and...

View attachment 5776
So what about the Tab Pro, not the S2? First pic is the tab pro 8, second is the. Nvidia shield k1. This says the K1 is a 1080p screen, so why does that say 4k ready?
b7e3b30430a24e854437325a72b72ad9.jpg

3ab6bf25a2bd169d59450213e4776977.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170327-181310.png
    Screenshot_20170327-181310.png
    105.6 KB · Views: 7
I knew something was wrong 2048x1536 is what the S2 has which makes sense because it has a more square build (7.8x5.3 vs 8.74x4.96). PPI is 310 vs 283. Oh and it does have a USB 2.0 jack and stereo speakers. So $159 vs $300 (now $350) made sense to me. I won't buy electronics "used" after a couple bad experiences so that's a non factor.

I knew something was wrong 2048x1536 is what the S2 has which makes sense because it has a more square build (7.8x5.3 vs 8.74x4.96). PPI is 310 vs 283. Oh and it does have a USB 2.0 jack and stereo speakers. So $159 vs $300 (now $350) made sense to me. I won't buy electronics "used" after a couple bad experiences so that's a non factor.
Completely understand not buying used electronics, In that case go for the better price. I'm pretty much split between the 2, I won't be home for a couple weeks so no rush for me. I'm gonna watch and see of the price will go down at all. From what I've read I can't go wrong with either one

I had to look it up. I have a Tab Pro 12.2 so I'm familiar with the series. The screen specs are good I must say. Btw Samsung will sell you a factory refurb for $240 shipped. It's probably a better tablet than the K1, the specs are close other than the screen which is really good. To be honest, I wish I would have thought of that myself! I was stuck between the S2 and the K1.

Reactions: wcc963
Completely understand not buying used electronics, In that case go for the better price. I'm pretty much split between the 2, I won't be home for a couple weeks so no rush for me. I'm gonna watch and see of the price will go down at all. From what I've read I can't go wrong with either one

I totally agree with that! Heck, if you have read this thread, a lot of these guys are going for a $60 tab. I tried one of my old Tab 3s and was not impressed.

Oh and don't tell anyone, the other reason I went with the K1 is that I know it works with the Mavic Pro controller. Just thinking ahead....

I totally agree with that! Heck, if you have read this thread, a lot of these guys are going for a $60 tab. I tried one of my old Tab 3s and was not impressed.

Oh and don't tell anyone, the other reason I went with the K1 is that I know it works with the Mavic Pro controller. Just thinking ahead....
Yea I prefer to buy something nice rather than just try to spend as little as possible. Though I do understand if all you're getting it for is the solo. With both being around 170 used its kind of a dead heat. I know Samsung well as I've had 3 of their phones (have a note 5 now) so I'm leaning that way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44