Best Tablet under $175 for 3DR Solo?

Reaction score
Just was wandering what other people use as a tablet for their Solo, right now I'm looking mainly at the Samsung Tab A and Samsung Tab 4., which of those two would be better?

The Tab A has problems running the 3DR app. Mine crashed the app abt 2 minutes into the flight.
I wouldn't recommend it. I'm using the Nexus 7 2013.
Someone else on the group had the same problem with their Tab A. I'm hearing the the Solex app will run on the Tab A.
Solex is a better app anyway.

I tried a Tab A 7", two different ones, and a Tab A 8" and both seemed to be okay, although there was some stutter on the 7". It's been really cold so I haven't been able to fly but I think the 8" is the better buy. You get Android 6.0.1, more screen, and twice the memory for about $25 more if you buy an open box version, which is what I did. Nice little tablet.

I used a Tab 4 before going to the Nexus 7 (2013). It worked fine, but I opted for the much brighter screen on the Nexus.

I can't speak for the brightness on the Tab A. My Tab 4 was an 8" and it fit fine in the device holder. I would say for about the same money, I would look into the Nexus 7 (2013). It has about the brightest screen I have seen. Good luck.

i actually have just received some money, and now have $200 do you think it would be worth it to jump up to a refurbished iPad mini 2? or maybe a 3?

i actually have just received some money, and now have $200 do you think it would be worth it to jump up to a refurbished iPad mini 2? or maybe a 3?
As long as u don't want to run Solex. It doesn't support ios.

I just recently bought a Tab A 7" model and it runs Solex wonderfully. Have not tried the actually 3DR app yet. Downside is, it does not fit into the remote controller mount. Just a smidge too small, I ordered a body case for it that should make it large enough for it to fit.

Yeah but I already have and old ipad 2 so it would be nice to get another apple so i could transfer all my stuff over, plus im just an apple/ios guy

Yeah but I already have and old ipad 2 so it would be nice to get another apple so i could transfer all my stuff over, plus im just an apple/ios guy
Understood, I have the Mini 4 and like it very much. It works great with the Solo app and other drone apps as well.
So, if you want to use only the (no longer updated) Solo app you're fine. If you'd like to keep current with Solex then you do need an Android device.

Understood, I have the Mini 4 and like it very much. It works great with the Solo app and other drone apps as well.
So, if you want to use only the (no longer updated) Solo app you're fine. If you'd like to keep current with Solex then you do need an Android device.
yeah ill probally just use the solo app

If you can stretch for a mini 4 4g you get a barometer for dynamic altitude and a bright screen. I'm not an Apple guy but I use one with my Solo.

I just purchased the NVIDIA SHIELD tablet K1, 8 inch. Got it for $179.00. From Amazon. I heard a lot of good stuff about this device!

If you've got the $200 to spend there are not many better than the Nvidia Shield K1

Anybody else agree on that? My Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy S3 don't work the the Solo and I read that there were still problems with the S7 even after the update. Does the Pixel work with Solo? The Shield K would be nice to just leave in a kit and not need it as your everyday phone or tablet.

So as I understand the Nexus 7 2013 can run the Solo App and Solex. Is this the best choice for a used one under $200? Thanks

Now we have .....Asus Zenpad 8, Nexus 7 2013, NVIDIA SHIELD tablet K1, 16GB 8" Tab A and probably more.....any opinions on which is best?? The Asus looks like it's the cheapest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc