Best Buy sale of 3DR Solo is back on - $299.99 - two different bundle options

Reaction score
Buy sale is back on - $299.99 includes Solo, the gimbal, an extra battery and extra props. Or Solo only and the backpack.

Buy sale is back on - $299.99 includes Solo, the gimbal, an extra battery and extra props. Or Solo only and the backpack.

Actually the 2nd bundle with the backpack has the gimbal pre-installed and comes with 8 props. Also pretty much guaranteed to be REV B - GPS.

Reactions: Spectre95
Actually the 2nd bundle with the backpack has the gimbal pre-installed and comes with 8 props. Also pretty much guaranteed to be REV B - GPS.

And as of this morning that bundle says "Sold Out".. I bought the other bundle to give me two Solos.

If you get the backpack bundle do you get the stock gopro mount?

The deal keeps getting better and better. Now they are throwing an extra gimbal at no charge! I just ordered two back pack bundles from best buy.

Reactions: Spectre95
Thank you for your replies I'll have to keep an eye out for the non gimbal mount. I never thought it would be so hard to find. I'm at 2 solos 3 gimbals and no stock gopro mount.

I joined the solo family on this deal. Hard to believe they discontinued. Seems to be awesome quality. I haven't flown it yet but will this weekend but for $300 bucks it's the best deal to step into market. Didn't have a go pro but like the idea of being update or even enhance the camara later which other models won't give you the option to do.

Yeah the 3dr gimbal with the hero 3+ and 4 black is pretty awesome the gopro lenses could be upgraded to rectilinear lenses which are awesome. I'd recommend getting the mRo m8n gps as an upgrade. I'm currently in the process of getting the tarot t3 gimbal with hero session 5 to work with the same capabilities as the 3dr gimbal to extend battery life a reduce the weight.

He was asking if it came with the STOCK (frame, non-gimbal) mount. It does not.
Thank you for your replies I'll have to keep an eye out for the non gimbal mount. I never thought it would be so hard to find. I'm at 2 solos 3 gimbals and no stock gopro mount.
So many of you have worked so hard to get a Rev B GPS that the little detail of the non-gimbal mount got by you, as the pre-installed gimbal models have come with Rev Bs, but without the plain mount. And in the end, the only GPS solution that really makes a difference anyway is the mRo.

So many of you have worked so hard to get a Rev B GPS that the little detail of the non-gimbal mount got by you, as the pre-installed gimbal models have come with Rev Bs, but without the plain mount. And in the end, the only GPS solution that really makes a difference anyway is the mRo.

I didn't care for the rev-b, the bundle right now comes with 2 gimbal's and the backpack opposed to no backpack and 1 gimbal with the standard mount. I think having the extra gimbal's will come in handy when no more can be bought and I feel the backpack is necessary.

The mRo gps is definitely a must have and so is the fpvlr antenna.

Just ordered another one LOL, Now I can start my commercial mapping survey business.

Bestbuy sale is done, back to $799.00 today Glad picked up 3 of them

Got the $300 package with the backpack and gimbal yesterday. Just in time. Whew! Incredible. I've been building drones for 7 years and to get a working 3dr drone for $300 is nuts. Heck the autopilot is worth $200 by itself. I've been using Solos for mapping and now I have 4 Solos, 8 batteries, two gimbals, bunch of props and 2 backpacks for well under $2,000. So I will setup 3 for mapping (2 for backups) and use one for videoing, playing and crashing. I'm wondering if we will see Solos slowly disappear from the market this year? Too bad 3dr tried to compete with DJI. That was a race to the bottom. They should have focused on mapping and gone to bed with ESRI. What I want is Solo2 (mapping edition!) with the quirks fixed and various gimbal options for mapping and good trigger support for popular cameras. What could have been. Sigh... I wish they would release the gimbal for the Sony QX-1, instead of me having to design one.

Got the $300 package with the backpack and gimbal yesterday. Just in time. Whew! Incredible. I've been building drones for 7 years and to get a working 3dr drone for $300 is nuts. Heck the autopilot is worth $200 by itself. I've been using Solos for mapping and now I have 4 Solos, 8 batteries, two gimbals, bunch of props and 2 backpacks for well under $2,000. So I will setup 3 for mapping (2 for backups) and use one for videoing, playing and crashing. I'm wondering if we will see Solos slowly disappear from the market this year? Too bad 3dr tried to compete with DJI. That was a race to the bottom. They should have focused on mapping and gone to bed with ESRI. What I want is Solo2 (mapping edition!) with the quirks fixed and various gimbal options for mapping and good trigger support for popular cameras. What could have been. Sigh... I wish they would release the gimbal for the Sony QX-1, instead of me having to design one.
Can I ask what mapping package you are using with your Solo's??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso