Best Buy sale of 3DR Solo is back on - $299.99 - two different bundle options

I think it's dangerous to fly a drone with a battery that's been used 100s of times. Old, heavily used rechargeable battery may discharge so quickly at 20% level or any other low level to crash the drobe before it can reach home.
For that reason, I've been using a permanent marker to keep count of flying times. I probably discard the battery at some arbitrary 100+ count.

Attachments

• keep count.jpg
    keep count.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 26
I think it's dangerous to fly a drone with a battery that's been used 100s of times. Old, heavily used rechargeable battery may discharge so quickly at 20% level or any other low level to crash the drobe before it can reach home.
For that reason, I've been using a permanent marker to keep count of flying times. I probably discard the battery at some arbitrary 100+ count.
Ahh Yes, always a good starting point; "Arbitrary":

ar·bi·trar·y
ˈärbəˌtrerē/
adjective
  1. based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.

Reactions: JimB13
Did you pick up your bundle yet? Just got back from a very nice flight!

Yeah I picked it up. It is the bb1 model so the gimbal is attached with no static mount and comes with everything in the backpack plus an extra gimbal.

I will open her up and see if they are shipping with rev.a our rev.b and keep you all posted.

Yeah I picked it up. It is the bb1 model so the gimbal is attached with no static mount and comes with everything in the backpack plus an extra gimbal.

I will open her up and see if they are shipping with rev.a our rev.b and keep you all posted.
Are the bundles shipping with rev b.?

Surely is, already have 8 bundles, 30 batteries, 8 gimbals, 20 sets of props, and 5 additional battery chargers :). Wife not so happy but buy now, ask later :)
I have 3 bundles and my daughter ordered one also. You have 8 bundles, LOL. Thinking of pulling the trigger again. We will not see this kind of deal again for some time. Would love to pick up a Mavic in the fall when the prices come down. Just can't do it now with the Solo's selling for $299.99

What is a MRom8n upgrade?

It is a gps module made for solo by jordi who was one of the two original founders of 3dr he started his own company mrobotics they make the mRo m8n ublox gps it uses not just the US GPS but also the Russian GLONASS and European GALILEO constellations (gps systems) so your solo will connect to over 25 satellites and your solo is ready to fly within seconds of powering on. The commercial solo that costs $12k comes with this gps upgrade you can get it with shipping and tax if your in California for $90 I believe the coast is 79.99 you can purchase it from mrobotics. There are cheaper m8n gps for around 20 bucks but I wouldn't recommend them, they aren't made directly for the solo or from Jordi. Another good upgrade is the mikrotek r11e WiFi cards they give you about 3 times the range with stock antenna. The other upgrade that is for advanced users that I haven't had a chance to use is the pixhawk 2.1 cube and another user jcar recently posted about the prep upgrade I haven't used first hand either. The gps is a must have in my honest opinion and the WiFi card is definitely recommended just not as vital.

It is a gps module made for solo by jordi who was one of the two original founders of 3dr he started his own company mrobotics they make the mRo m8n ublox gps it uses not just the US GPS but also the Russian GLONASS and European GALILEO constellations (gps systems) so your solo will connect to over 25 satellites and your solo is ready to fly within seconds of powering on. The commercial solo that costs $12k comes with this gps upgrade you can get it with shipping and tax if your in California for $90 I believe the coast is 79.99 you can purchase it from mrobotics. There are cheaper m8n gps for around 20 bucks but I wouldn't recommend them, they aren't made directly for the solo or from Jordi. Another good upgrade is the mikrotek r11e WiFi cards they give you about 3 times the range with stock antenna. The other upgrade that is for advanced users that I haven't had a chance to use is the pixhawk 2.1 cube and another user jcar recently posted about the prep upgrade I haven't used first hand either. The gps is a must have in my honest opinion and the WiFi card is definitely recommended just not as vital.
Thanks for the great reply! I will look into it

Will order one today

I'm having issues with one of my drones from BB. Curious how it works if I return the drone, will they ask for the free gimbal/battery/props back? I don't mind paying for them, as I would like to keep them, but wondering how that works for returns, since the items are no longer in their system (battery, props).

I'm having issues with one of my drones from BB. Curious how it works if I return the drone, will they ask for the free gimbal/battery/props back? I don't mind paying for them, as I would like to keep them, but wondering how that works for returns, since the items are no longer in their system (battery, props).
Their return policy is pretty clear on the website...

"Bundle or Promotional Discount Items

If you return an item bought as part of a bundle or with a promotional discount and you do not return everything — not to worry. We will reimburse you for what you do return, minus the value of the discount or freebie."

So you'll lose at least the current price on the gimbal ($63.99 as I type this) and at least the last price on the props and battery before they sold out. That's if you're lucky and they don't dock the full "regular" price for those items.

I just picked up another one LOL, no #4 it's addicting

speedstuffsales on Ebay is a great guy - I've ordered several items from him for my Solo. Even took care of an error on his end with no questions asked - sent me a gimbal instead of a battery. Items are as advertised ships fast too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso