Antenna selection or replacement

Did this cross anyone's mind when they saw the FPVLR antennas?

24w4lcx.jpg

Did this cross anyone's mind when they saw the FPVLR antennas?

Not sure what you mean... Could you make one? Sure, i guess you could, but there is a fair amount of metal/plastic fabrication involved, they have tuned the design, and tweak the units. I suppose if you have way more time than money, or really want to do it yourself. Not sure how much you would save though..

If I really wanted a "do it yourself" project, I would build my own octocopter from the frame up ;)

I really cant say as I don't have any experience with DBS yet. I have used FPVLR antennas and have some big numbers in the books with them. They are a good product.

I just like the clean setup on the DBS flat panel so going to try them. He got 2.5 miles with one on a Solo.

I don't think you can go wrong with either.

I really cant say as I don't have any experience with DBS yet. I have used FPVLR antennas and have some big numbers in the books with them. They are a good product.

I just like the clean setup on the DBS flat panel so going to try them. He got 2.5 miles with one on a Solo.

I don't think you can go wrong with either.
I just watched Troys video with stock and FPVLR. He got 6000 on stock and over 8000 on FPV
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well that is not as much gain as I would like to see. But takes practice.

The Solo is twitchy when it comes to flying distance as it doesn't like all the pitching around the Solo does. I cant get decent range in wind and usually have to go slow towards end of run.

Well that is not as much gain as I would like to see. But takes practice.

The Solo is twitchy when it comes to flying distance as it doesn't like all the pitching around the Solo does. I cant get decent range in wind and usually have to go slow towards end of run.
I think I will go for the FPVLR kit for now. Less bulky looking. I want to do some Tower missions BVR.....hopefully. Had my P2 out to 1 1/2 mile beyond the trees and nowhere in sight. No problems except video was almost gone on the Black Pearl.

I think I will go for the FPVLR kit for now. Less bulky looking. I want to do some Tower missions BVR.....hopefully. Had my P2 out to 1 1/2 mile beyond the trees and nowhere in sight. No problems except video was almost gone on the Black Pearl.
My missions don't rely on antennas. They are beyond range as I drop down low. Hoping to get solo setup the same as my v+ was.

Would get coffee waiting for it to come home.

My missions don't rely on antennas.
While the flight of the missions do not rely on antennas it would still be nice to see the video live. One could then alter the gimbal orientation to better frame POI.

I have flown many MP, DP and Tower missions where presetting ROIs left a little to be desired as far as precise framing of shots.

While the flight of the missions do not rely on antennas it would still be nice to see the video live. One could then alter the gimbal orientation to better frame POI.

I have flown many MP, DP and Tower missions where presetting ROIs left a little to be desired as far as precise framing of shots.

You are absolutely correct Greg. It would be outstanding. But I normally fly about a mile away, drop down above a river or something 20' above the water flying around the bends and finally back up and home.

I would love to see what is going on while it is happening but that low to the ground and that far away.

I don't know if I will get to that point again with the Solo or even want to. My Vision + was devalued by the P3s and I had a Solo on order before I started getting that brave. Have too much money in the Solo to make a way point mistake and lose it.

In my case it was quite a challenge to set 2 or 3 waypoints to get the Phantom in the right direction and elevation and then a pause, etc.

You are absolutely correct Greg. It would be outstanding. But I normally fly about a mile away, drop down above a river or something 20' above the water flying around the bends and finally back up and home.

I would love to see what is going on while it is happening but that low to the ground and that far away.

I don't know if I will get to that point again with the Solo or even want to. My Vision + was devalued by the P3s and I had a Solo on order before I started getting that brave. Have too much money in the Solo to make a way point mistake and lose it.

In my case it was quite a challenge to set 2 or 3 waypoints to get the Phantom in the right direction and elevation and then a pause, etc.
So with the Solo, if it gets out of range with the radio on a tower mission it will continue?
I've heard that about the Phantom as well but even at 1 1/2 mile away and terrible video I could still tilt the gimbal.

Anyone else having trouble with the FPVLR website? Was on there trying to order one, site keeps crashing.

So with the Solo, if it gets out of range with the radio on a tower mission it will continue?
I've heard that about the Phantom as well but even at 1 1/2 mile away and terrible video I could still tilt the gimbal.

I am pretty sure you have to change a parameter to do it.

The program I ran with the phantom did not care about connectivity so I took advantage of flying low and far away. From home (in a hole) there was just no FPV for me most the time.

I am pretty sure you have to change a parameter to do it.

The program I ran with the phantom did not care about connectivity so I took advantage of flying low and far away. From home (in a hole) there was just no FPV for me most the time.
Yeah, Jubair mentioned on the antenna thread that MP would do that. I haven't looked at that yet at any great depth.
I'll just have to try it in Tower and see what it does.

I don't see why they are wanting so much for these antenna kits. Two fpv patches cost $70 and two 5dbi helicals are still cheaper.
The fpvlr isn't too far from market price but dslrpros is asking a silly price for something you can diy with hardware store parts.

Sup guys well again im in for a quick question....

Can you tell me if these product ares suitable for solo wifi 2.4?

Wifi 14db
http://www.tplink.com/au/products/details/cat-5063_TL-ANT2414B.html
Amazon $51
http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-AN...pebp=1436590648246&perid=09AH7K565W0M5PD8S5BY

Wifi 9db
http://www.tplink.com/au/products/details/cat-5063_TL-ANT2409B.html
Amazon $27
http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-AN...pebp=1436590716405&perid=0QJ2ZCRRD5BR6H7KP95W

PS: Check the picture i upload
i put as mutch infos of the device in one picture
Also i dont know if the 14 db is bigger will give you news about it

Gimme News Thx Keep On Droning !
Must rpsma connector to work.

Regarding the left and right antenna, is one for Tx and one Rx or is one for flight control and one for video feed. Or is it more complicated than that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks