Antenna selection or replacement

Just ordered the Alfa that was used in that video. I would love to try the other one but it's a little pricey right now.

I was getting under 700' flying at a local school with RTH triggering using the stock antennas. I mounted two of these quad patch panels on my controller and I've gotten over 4 times the range so far. I'm still learning to aim it but my last time out I flew just under 3000' at the same location and came home.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2400-MHz-UHF-Antenna-2-4-GHz-Quad-Patch-Antenna-/252001299661?

quad patch.jpg

I need to find a quieter RF area to really test things out.

Reactions: Camotoe
Pretty awesome man..

Any chance we can get a group buy and bring the price down? :)

Ryan G

Reactions: Matj2ix88
This is the one I just shipped overnight to Colin Guinn.
here is the 2.3 Mile run , no amps used.
Is this plug and play? Any additional parts needed if we decided to buy from you? Also do you have a return policy? Thanks

On the RED User forums, group buys are a very popular thing, and I've participated in a few.
It definitely helps develop brand loyalty in what is a niche market.

Just buy the DBS P3 antenna. Same 2.4 ghz frequency as Solo.
Rich I was just looking at the P3 install video for that DBS, will installation to the Solo require getting elbow deep into the controller, or is it pretty much plug n play?

Glad to see others might be interested in a group buy. I have participated in numerous forums that really work well on this. The company gets the word out there and makes a big sale but more gross profit, but small margins. Win / Win for everyone.

Like I said I would be first in line (considering I suggested it is that OK?) :)

Ryan G

I can't seem to find where I thought someone provided a link to where I can measure the RF activity/intensity with a meter in my flying environment, anybody have a link?

Rich I was just looking at the P3 install video for that DBS, will installation to the Solo require getting elbow deep into the controller, or is it pretty much plug n play?

The Vision + required you to open it up and cut glue away to remove a coax connector. It was tricky. Did it when I had FPVLR antennas.

The P3 is similar but no glue.

The Solo doesn't require all that. Just unscrew antennas and screw on cables.

I have a classified photo. Big Chuck will probably come after me for posting this but he is in Florida and I am in Iowa so I am not too worried.

He went 2.5 miles with this.

2015070795184833.jpg

I'm in!
Tower and extended range. Can't beat that! Is it Christmas or something?

Any mode you put the Solo in has no effect on loss of signal action. You can be in any mode and a loss of signal will trigger RTH. That's a condition set in the controller. Regardless if it is 10' or way out, if it loses signal, you turn off the controller or run over it with a truck; same result. That is how we use to test them, just turn off the controller. Then we started to be able to put it on switches. You can see it in MP as well. There is a separate section just to tell it what to do in the event of loss of signal.
What about if it loses GPS?

What about if it loses GPS?
You can still fly without GPS. It just might dog track a little with the wind but not a big deal if you understand all this.

The main problem with loss of GPS is you lose the ability to get home if you drop your 2.4 ghz control connection. Its also a problem if its windy and you are flying near something and expecting the GPS to hold you in hover.

As mentioned before everyone should flip it to manual and fly it around so you know what it feels like and how to respond WHEN it loses GPS.

FPVLR, please keep us posted if you're okay with the lower price on a group buy option. :D

TIA

Here's mine no fancy green copper like Colin but I like the green ring around it had a perfect match for 3dr green paint marker laying around glad it didn't smear, I ordered on Tuesday late night and received Friday. I wondered about any wait myself and emailed but it was confirmed shipped Wednesday before I even got a reply. Is that copper just dyed or is it a different type all together.

image.jpg image.jpg

The Vision + required you to open it up and cut glue away to remove a coax connector. It was tricky. Did it when I had FPVLR antennas.

I have a classified photo. Big Chuck will probably come after me for posting this but he is in Florida and I am in Iowa so I am not too worried.

View attachment 256
That looks slick too though both really look like standard equipment to me at least, good designs fellas.

View attachment 256
Sweet! Thx Rich

Reactions: rrmccabe
Here's mine no fancy green copper like Colin but I like the green ring around it had a perfect match for 3dr green paint marker laying around glad it didn't smear, I ordered on Tuesday late night and received Friday. I wondered about any wait myself and emailed but it was confirmed shipped Wednesday before I even got a reply. Is that copper just dyed or is it a different type all together.

That looks good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks