Alarm Went Off Inside Solo During Flight

Reaction score
Had Solo out yesterday, it wasn't real windy, but a few strong gust. I was checking out my worst battery, one that wasn't charging properly but seemed ok last night.

Into my flight a few minutes without warning, Solo started to return home. It was a very odd moment until Solo got close, and I could hear an alarm going off.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what may have happened?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

IMHO, dropping from 91% to 42% in 80 seconds is a clear sign of a severely anemic battery. Time to either recondition it or recycle it.

Reactions: J0S0L0
That's the battery alarm, which begins sounding at the same time low battery failsafe engages. Which happened because the voltage sagged below 14 volts. That battery is obviously shot.

Reactions: Redhouse and J0S0L0
Did another test on the suspect battery. This time I did a full power test in the same location. Solo got up to 33mph, and then within moments bang. The moral of the story is know your batteries before you fly to avoid unnecessary mishaps and crashes...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wow! that was amazing! Did anyone notice how the battery voltage shot back up to 14+ volts, as soon as RTH kicked in, and stayed at 14 all the way back! ???

Reactions: J0S0L0

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks