"Fly: Manual" During Flight

Reaction score
Website
www.davincidronography.com
After haven taken my Solo apart (well, enough to install the 3DR Relish HDMI cable...a couple of times) I decided to take the drone out for a test flight. It went pretty well with good video feed. A couple times in flight, though, I got a warning that it was now in Manual mode. The first time I thought it was because I hit the camera button on the app. The next few times is happened by itself but returned to GPS mode quickly. Oddly enough, I was above the treeline when I lost the GPS signal. I haven't flown the Solo in manual mode so I was a bit alarmed...guess I need to work on that skill! Anyway, is anyone aware of any reason other than signal loss that the Solo would go into Fly: Manual mode by itself? Thanks for any input. (Yes, I've tried to find this in the manual....)

Reactions: FreebirdinNEPA
I'm pretty sure it will go Manual if any of the sensors is out of spec for too long while in flight. GPS is most common (especially if it hasn't flown for a while and takes off before the ephemeris download/update is complete) but I believe compass and accelerometer will also trigger it. I'm going from memory, however, so grains of salt all round.

Thanks Bruce. I was careful when I disassembled it for the cable install but you never know what gets banged up when doing that. Other than dropping to manual mode a few times it flew like it always has so that's good.

Hi, Is your GPS unit Rev. A (green) or Rev. B (Black) Just pop off the cover and you can see the color.

I had that issues with my stock 3DR a lot so I decided to updated the shield and the gps since I fly a lot I got MrO gps and no joke huge difference worth the $100 ish all together for both items.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40