Zcam back to 199

I am not using the solo main board.
Just the IMX6 that as the wifi networks and smart shots
everything else is a DIY Pixhawk 2.1 build

I see. That's what I was thinking of doing as well. What is the best range you've gotten? Range is the only thing that's made me think to not use the IMX6.

this is not a popular position with the rules don't apply to me crowd, which seem to be in the majority.
But I get 2000-2500 feet with my solo, which is at the edge of my line of site. So I don't fret the range.
If you plan to go beyond line of site, then it could be a problem

Reactions: DJMc
I don't fly out of sight(on purpose) having 5 miles of range is more of an insurance thing. It helps keep good softballs in almost all situations and I go out of the country for cancer treatments where faa rules don't apply, especially in international waters. I sill don't danger aircraft,I fly far out not up. I'm building an 8 motor 100kv heavy lift copter that 26" prop x8 configuration would be great for, the solo imx6 would make it that much better. Its not for photography but for transporting supplies to a 2 man gold mining operation.

I agree that a lot of people don't follow the rules, but I do think the majority of hobby drone pilots do follow the rules. I don't fly high I've said that already but just wanted to point it out. If flying recreationally it is a suggestion to not fly over 400' it definitely isn't a law unless near airports. So regardless of how unsafe we both think it may be this doesn't count as rule breaking. VLOS is another story but wanting to have the longest possible range is more of a safety concern than anything else. If I have Wi-Fi range of 10km on my solo doesn't mean I'm going to fly BVLOS, it does mean I would have a lower chance of a disconnect during flight. I'm not trying to sound rude at all and I'm sorry if it may seem that way, I just see a lot of people being called out for self imposed rules and assumptions oud wheat they intend with their equipment. As far as deliveries go I don't think there is any law or rule against it for someone using their equipment recreationally. Are you saying deliveries are a no-no from your perspective or is there some rule/law preventing someone from flying a payload from point A to point B? I'm pretty sure i can fly my solo across a football field land it have my friend remove the gopro and fly the solo back to myself without breaking any rules. Regardless these rules seem to imply flying in a certain geographical location(U.S.), the large drone I was referring to in the previous post that will be moving equipment is and never was intended to be used anywhere within faa, ama, or commercial restrictions. The payload that is being moved will be a short distance in the Caribbean where I can assure you no rules will be broken regardless if those rules exist or not.

I like your setup and thought you figured out a way to use 8 motors on the solo board. I ordered the Pixhawk2.1 for mine and was thinking i wasted money if it was possible without it. I understand why range isn't that important for you, I agree it could be unwarranted, but I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Thanks for the link for the camera though, I haven't had a chance to mess with the walkera, I'll have to try it out. Seems like an awesome alternative.

yeah deliveries with drones are also a no no
but like I said not many follow the rules
Deliveries with drones ARE allowed. You must follow all the other rules, and no launching or returning to a moving vehicle. No deliveries that cross state lines or between the islands of Hawaii, either. Read the full text of 14CFR107

I was speaking beyond line of site
in context of the discussion that was going on.

Back on topic, if you want to fly more than more motors than 4 then it is best to move to the 2.1 and carrier that supports the X8

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig