Wow, What a Difference A 5 Battery Charger Can Make!

Reaction score
So, A short while ago I agreed to be the guinea pig on a 5 battery charger that @FVidrine had designed, so I bought one. About 10 days later it was delivered. While bigger than I thought it would be, it's not like I didn't have room for it and I was more interested in how it worked. In short; Boy Does It Work!

It arrived well packed and ready to go. Even had both 110v and 12v leads along with 5 leads that have the Solo battery style connectors on one end and the popular XT-60s on the other. On the top are 2 fans turning opposite directions so as to make sure plenty of air is flowing over the inside. Attached to the back is a 12v/30a power supply that also is fan cooled. Even charging 5 low batteries at 5.5a each, it does not get hot. Warm, yes but not hot. This system is very well made and I am very impressed. All the power and charge cords are plug in and polarity protected, so it's pretty much idiot proof. There is a lighted switch on the side that turns the power on/off

The time savings on a charger that not only charges 5 batteries at once, but also at a 50% higher rate is incredible! Imagine having this on location and being able to fly almost non stop! As you deplete a battery, put it in the charger and keep rotating through your 5 batteries!

And Now.. The BAD News.. Ferral is looking at 3D printing the cases and getting it down in size and is not looking to sell any more of the current designs unless you are willing to wait a couple of months. He is in a very busy time with his business and can't commit to shorter deliveries for now. But if you can wait, I can speak of a great guy that did a wonderful job on this charger and I am glad he let me be the guinea pig for it.
View media item 522View media item 523View media item 521View media item 520View media item 518View media item 519

So, A short while ago I agreed to be the guinea pig on a 5 battery charger that @FVidrine had designed, so I bought one. About 10 days later it was delivered. While bigger than I thought it would be, it's not like I didn't have room for it and I was more interested in how it worked. In short; Boy Does It Work!

It arrived well packed and ready to go. Even had both 110v and 12v leads along with 5 leads that have the Solo battery style connectors on one end and the popular XT-60s on the other. On the top are 2 fans turning opposite directions so as to make sure plenty of air is flowing over the inside. Attached to the back is a 12v/30a power supply that also is fan cooled. Even charging 5 low batteries at 5.5a each, it does not get hot. Warm, yes but not hot. This system is very well made and I am very impressed. All the power and charge cords are plug in and polarity protected, so it's pretty much idiot proof. There is a lighted switch on the side that turns the power on/off

The time savings on a charger that not only charges 5 batteries at once, but also at a 50% higher rate is incredible! Imagine having this on location and being able to fly almost non stop! As you deplete a battery, put it in the charger and keep rotating through your 5 batteries!

And Now.. The BAD News.. Ferral is looking at 3D printing the cases and getting it down in size and is not looking to sell any more of the current designs unless you are willing to wait a couple of months. He is in a very busy time with his business and can't commit to shorter deliveries for now. But if you can wait, I can speak of a great guy that did a wonderful job on this charger and I am glad he let me be the guinea pig for it.
View media item 522View media item 523View media item 521View media item 520View media item 518View media item 519

Hi, can you please share some pictures. The ones above did not make it through Tapatalk social app. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44