Will Solo be shipped with Gimbal already Installed?

Del

Reaction score
Now that the gimbal is here for our Solo...Is the Solo gonna be Shipped now to there customer with the gimbal already installed ???
I hear the new people that just received the solo has to install there own Gimbal...will this ever change? Or has it already?? I havint heard anybody yet that has received a solo with the gimbal already installed ?

Your thoughts...

I'm thinking maybe that fellow Dennis, that's having problems with calibration may have. The way his post reads it sounds like he got both recently.

It's not shipping with gimbal installed yet, I do think this would be a good idea and hopefully will happen in time.

I'm thinking maybe that fellow Dennis, that's having problems with calibration may have. The way his post reads it sounds like he got both recently.
I thought I already ask him that question?? But I might be mistaken ..ill have to go back to the thread and check..

Edit: Nope..I didn't ..I just checked ..Mabe it was somebody els...

3dr should test with gimbal before they ship to a customer the only thing im worried about the gimbal issue returning solo much costly mostly international shipping.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maddog
I don't think 3dr will ever ship a Solo with all "Bell's & Whiles" installed & ready to go.
3dr is more of a "kit" for user to install, but... I'm sure that there will be re-sellers that will offer a fully assembled & tested Solo for you.

But why buy one fully assembled, when the "Nature of the beast" is to take it apart & mod it or to make easy repairs your self with out waiting weeks.

My thoughts...

Reactions: Del
I don't think 3dr will ever ship a Solo with all "Bell's & Whiles" installed & ready to go.
3dr is more of a "kit" for user to install, but... I'm sure that there will be re-sellers that will offer a fully assembled & tested Solo for you.

But why buy one fully assembled, when the "Nature of the beast" is to take it apart & mod it or to make easy repairs your self with out waiting weeks.

My thoughts...
I think by shipping it with the gimbal factory installed and tested, it would eliminate a lot of headaches for the customer. Instead of stressing because it didn't work right, you can un-box it, fly and be happy man!
Less work for tech support too.:cool:

Not everybody wants to mod, etc.

Reactions: Del
Hi Maddog,
I know what your saying. I would have preferred having mine build with Gimbal,
But as far as "Not everybody wants to mod, etc." The most popular subjects on any of quad copter/UAV/Drone social websites are MOD's. Money follows where the action is.
Like i said above, I'm sure that some re-sellers will offer a unit put together for you & test it.

Now that the gimbal is here for our Solo...Is the Solo gonna be Shipped now to there customer with the gimbal already installed ???
I hear the new people that just received the solo has to install there own Gimbal...will this ever change? Or has it already?? I havint heard anybody yet that has received a solo with the gimbal already installed ?

Your thoughts...
They would need a new box.

Hi Maddog,
I know what your saying. I would have preferred having mine build with Gimbal,
But as far as "Not everybody wants to mod, etc." The most popular subjects on any of quad copter/UAV/Drone social websites are MOD's. Money follows where the action is.
Like i said above, I'm sure that some re-sellers will offer a unit put together for you & test it.
I agree with all of that- modding is very popular & lots of fun!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig