Wifi cards

Reaction score
Here come a "I should know the answer to this, but....
Wifi cards are usually sold in pairs, one for bird and one for controller. I think they are generic, which is to say they(each) can be used with any other wifi card of the same type. Therefore i could use one of the new cards in the bird and it should work with the old card in the controller. Am i dumb as i think i am or am i right?

The Mikroteks that I bought were sold as singles. I wouldn't go so far as to say that "all" WiFi cards are generic and can be used with other wifi cards. However the Mikroteks will work with the birds original wifi card if you upgrade the one in the controller. You just need to make sure you install the right model as there are other models that have large heat sinks that won't fit in said controller.

thanks, just putting a new solo together with parts from other wrecked solos. I will save my money and insure they get same name brand WIFIs. Summers coming and its time to fly and film.

If you're putting together a solo from other wrecked solos you should be just fine once as long as all the parts you're using are operational.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44