Why no orange pair light change imx6 board

Reaction score
Need anybody's help change the IMX6 board in my solo and still no orange pair light. I was in Med flight and solo lost contact with the controller she came back and landed but would not connect back to controller tried turning off solo then controller but still waiting for solo . Solo find GPS but won't connect. The only upgrade did to solo was the GPS mRo. I did the Wi-Fi upgrade to the controller and that ok but solo i dont know what happened. App solex , OPEN solo rc3.0 I have never flown in cold weather just took my solo out last Saturday and this happened. So if anybody can help with how to repair or to sell me a spare solo just the solo that would be great .

I have 3 brand new solo batteries
3dr solo carrying bag
Solo gimbal (second one)
Alpha antennas
MRO GPS
Upgraded Wi-Fi in controller
Air master prop white and green
Never crashed never flipped over ( I baby this)
Plus paying $250 on eBay for a used solo I can't see me doing that when I pay $180 for the gimbal so if someone can help much thanks

Love thy solo

If you're not able to connect to the solo, how do you it's finding a GPS signal? Is it a case of your solo is connecting to your controller, but the Solex App is still saying "looking for vehicle"?

If you're not able to connect to the solo, how do you it's finding a GPS signal? Is it a case of your solo is connecting to your controller, but the Solex App is still saying "looking for vehicle"?
There a tone that goes off when solo finds or has Enough satellites

How do you not know this and you’ve been on 3drPilot.com for a long time how long have you had your solo do you have a solo and not know solo give off a tone for when it’s fond satellites and I Wish it connected to the controller

IrishmanPDX pilots his Solo from sight, not sound!
And if he is in his “ drinking mood “.... he does it blindfolded.
What’s on your drinking menu for this evening IrishmanPDX?
Guessing a nice sarcastic stout?

Instead of “listening for a tone”- I prefer to look at my controller and actually see how many satellites it has locked in- once that occurs, the controller gives me the “fly” indicator.
You may be mistaken the “satellite tone” with the “ i’m broken tone.”

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
Instead of “listening for a tone”- I prefer to look at my controller and actually see how many satellites it has locked in- once that occurs, the controller gives me the “fly” indicator.
You may be mistaken the “satellite tone” with the “ i’m broken tone.”
Ok with a sweet voice if solo is not connecting to the controller how can you see anything with waiting for solo displayed ??? .2 satellites and satellite tones is not the problem 123 123 123 Solo will not connect to the controller no orange pair light guys com-on with the throwing the forum off . Take your solo outside just turn solo on if you have the MRO gps you will get satellite fast but you will hear it . And I’ve never heard the I’m broken tone????? heard the gps not connected tone..

Last edited:
Why such a rude response to a request for further information?

If you had responded to Irishman's question, it would help to clarify what you're asking...and maybe let people assist?
Why is it the same guys on every forum since I joined always troll or just have some bozo things to say Read what the title said
Solo is not pair with controller no orange light ...
Are you the same guy with multiple different personalities or just a keyboard gangster. Anyway you have a nice day .

Maybe pull the batteries on Solo and controller and wait a bit. Reinstall batteries and insert paper clip into pairing port and see if that does the trick?

There are some forum members on this site that may have more advanced techniques to solve this issue, but you will have to be patient and wait for them to come across your thread.

Mike.
Relax. Drink a nice cup of joe. And keep using your “ Sweet Voice.”
Help is on the way.

Hey Folks, how did this get out of hand? Guy has a problem, let's help solve it! Anyway, onto MikeDiggs questions!

"How do you not know this and you’ve been on 3drPilot.com for a long time how long have you had your solo do you have a solo and not know solo give off a tone for when it’s fond satellites and I Wish it connected to the controller"

....um ok... I think that's four questions and a statement..... anyone agree?

I'm well aware of the "found sats" tone or as I call it "ready to fly" tone. However I needed to confirm how you knew it was finding sats. Sometimes people will say they have a connection error with their controller even though their controller is connecting, but Solex is saying "Waiting on vehicle" . This stops me giving out advice based on what I "think I know" and instead lets me confirm the symptoms. After all, you should always double check things when and where possible when it comes to problem solving.

Actually, I'm thinking there's an easy way to see if there's a connection problem with the controller or a connection problem with the remote. That's simply to connect to each of them via PC

10.1.1.1 for the controller and 10.1.1.10 for the Solo

If you cannot connect to the controller, hey, controller fault, if you can't connect to the solo, it's the solo at fault. I know it's pretty obvious with no orange light that it's the IMX board that could be bad, but do the double check anyway.

Also as USMC86 suggested, doing a factory reset is also a good idea!

Let us know how it goes and we'll see what else we can do to help!

IrishmanPDX thank you
thank everybody that chimed in and said something nice trying to help. The funny thing is contacted 3dr through the app and they sent me an RMA so I sent solo back with the Basics stuff that it came with and I'm waiting to see what why say or do hopefully fingers crossed I get a good working refurbished that I can put my mods onto and have my solo back I have a lot of quads but it' just something about solo call me a DJI hater but if it wasn't for solo battery it would be the king of DRONES. Anyway back to solo sent it back to 3dr robotics sat via FedEx with tracking number so will UPDATE when I hear something but when I had it there seems like nothing I could do I brought a second imx6 aka the solo link board from another member on this site call JBRUNAL BIG UP TO him for $35 with sd card and still no difference no orange light only the pixhawk flash orange and green then stayed green but there was no life to the imx6 board . Do you think they will say anything about the 3.0 RC software??? or solex
???? will they see the GPS MOD and WiFi MOD in the control ???

Fingers crossed thanks to everybody and have a blessed day
Yikes:rolleyes:

The last thing I did when I took everything off was press the Swrss somehing button where the gimbal sits and my solo did the star wars sound ???:cool:
And then the motor light stayed all green ?

Will UPDATE when i hear something

IrishmanPDX pilots his Solo from sight, not sound!
And if he is in his “ drinking mood “.... he does it blindfolded.
What’s on your drinking menu for this evening IrishmanPDX?
Guessing a nice sarcastic stout?
Oh come on, I'm not drunk ALL the time.......... actually sadly to say I'm not.... but as soon as I win the LOTTO......

IrishmanPDX thank you
thank everybody that chimed in and said something nice trying to help. The funny thing is contacted 3dr through the app and they sent me an RMA so I sent solo back with the Basics stuff that it came with and I'm waiting to see what why say or do hopefully fingers crossed I get a good working refurbished that I can put my mods onto and have my solo back I have a lot of quads but it' just something about solo call me a DJI hater but if it wasn't for solo battery it would be the king of DRONES. Anyway back to solo sent it back to 3dr robotics sat via FedEx with tracking number so will UPDATE when I hear something but when I had it there seems like nothing I could do I brought a second imx6 aka the solo link board from another member on this site call JBRUNAL BIG UP TO him for $35 with sd card and still no difference no orange light only the pixhawk flash orange and green then stayed green but there was no life to the imx6 board . Do you think they will say anything about the 3.0 RC software??? or solex
???? will they see the GPS MOD and WiFi MOD in the control ???

Fingers crossed thanks to everybody and have a blessed day
Yikes:rolleyes:
Dunno, they could make a fuss of the open solo software, I guess it depends on how deeply they want to look into things. I think they maybe have 1 person working at the RMA desk and it would be quicker for them just to package one of their remaining stocks and send it to you. Yup, let us know how it goes!

solo did the star wars sound ???
Not the Star wars sound it's the theme from Close encounters of the third kind don't get it twisted....J/K ;)
Yes even if you are not connected to the solo it will chime when it acquires the required satellites
Did you peer into the vents under the controller when it booted? If so you would of observed 3 LED's one green and one red Solid LED and one flashing Orange LED, that indicates a properly booted controller and would rule it out. Or your Pixhawk or mainboard could be the Issue

There are threads on this topic ad nauseum....

EDIT: Nevermind I see you sent it back to 3DR for an RMA I didn't even know they were still doing that?? Sitescan Solo or what?

Last edited:
Not the Star wars sound it's the theme from Close encounters of the third kind don't get it twisted....J/K ;)
Yes even if you are not connected to the solo it will chime when it acquires the required satellites
Did you peer into the vents under the controller when it booted? If so you would of observed 3 LED's one green and one red Solid LED and one flashing Orange LED, that indicates a properly booted controller and would rule it out. Or your Pixhawk or mainboard could be the Issue

There are threads on this topic ad nauseum....

EDIT: Nevermind I see you sent it back to 3DR for an RMA I didn't even know they were still doing that?? Sitescan Solo or what?

Xevets thanks yeah I don’t know what happen but she back at 3dr robotics after I changed the imx6 board and stil no orange pair light they sent a RMA so who said 3DR was dead :cool: I will update soon

Keep solo alive

Reactions: XevetS
major update who said 3dr was dead got my new solo today she back in daddy arms :).

Reactions: XevetS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44