Which antennas to choose .

Reaction score
I’m looking to buy some new antennas for my solo . I’m looking at the fpvlr , rexuav, or the 4 hawks raptor antennas . Any suggestions on which one performs the best . Thanks

Whats the reason for new antenas?
Not working, problems with signal, need longer flight distance?

Are you wanting to replace the antenna on the quad, on the tx, or both? Are you planning to do aggressive flying?

The antenna that you mentioned are circularly polarized (at least the ones that I saw), which aren't going to work as well with the stock antenna on the solo, and aren't really necessary for "normal" solo flying where the quad should be relatively level most of the time. You could maybe put a pair of cloverleaf antenna on the quad, but I'm not sure it's worth it.

I would stick with a couple of good patch antenna on the ground and not change the antenna on the solo.

How much longer range are you trying to get?

Are you wanting to replace the antenna on the quad, on the tx, or both? Are you planning to do aggressive flying?

The antenna that you mentioned are circularly polarized (at least the ones that I saw), which aren't going to work as well with the stock antenna on the solo, and aren't really necessary for "normal" solo flying where the quad should be relatively level most of the time. You could maybe put a pair of cloverleaf antenna on the quad, but I'm not sure it's worth it.

I would stick with a couple of good patch antenna on the ground and not change the antenna on the solo.

How much longer range are you trying to get?

Just looking to put the antennas on the transmitter, quick easy fix and upgrade . Want longer flights for footage while keeping reception/signal .Thanks

Reactions: ReadyKilowatt
Agreed. The Alfas are about right for most folks. The FPVLR will give you FANTASTIC solidity of signal as long as you keep it pointed within 5* of the bird.

I use the Alpha patch antennas. They’re cheap and you will get longer range and no mods or installation needed.
Screw em on and go.

Reactions: brushhippie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc