Where can we post ideas for Solo and the aps?

Reaction score
OK, I have a few ideas for the Solo app and I am not sure where to express these ideas so the developers can actually hear my ideas? where do I go?

I have some features I'd that I'd like to suggest too. I use an iPhone 6 with my Solo.

1) Gimbal tilt preset button saved settings
- selectable in-app like changing GoPro settings
> saves several seconds of flight time from having to save new presets each time

2) GPS map options
- map options like in the Android Solo App and APM Planner for Mac
> current map has cloudy and unusable satellite images in some areas in the world such as the park I fly at in the Philippines. You can try to find Driftwoods Sports Park in the Solo app map, you'll see that the whole park is covered by clouds.

3) Option to not provide power to the GoPro
- may probably be set in Solo settings
> I get the least flight time when recording at 4K24 compared to recording at 1080p24. It would be helpful with flight time to not have the GoPro drain Solo's battery when my GoPro battery can last up to an hour of recording from a full charge.

4) Gimbal handheld grip
- may have its own module that can connect to the Solo app and show live feed
- more gimbal options such as follow mode and follow speed
> I have a spare gimbal and I'd love to have the sleek 3DR Solo GoPro gimbal for handheld gimbal shots

5) Gimbal angle compensation off setting
- ability to turn off gimbal angle compensation
> I use a 5.4mm lens on my GoPro so the gimbal angle compensation to get legs out of the wide angle shots does not have purpose in such a setup

Last edited:
High Kalvin- welcome to the forum!

Regarding #1 gimbal tilt, I presume you are asking for more presets, available through the app, in addition to the 2 on the Solo controller?

I think that's a good idea as I frequently use more than 2 gimbal angles during a shot.

High Kalvin- welcome to the forum!

Regarding #1 gimbal tilt, I presume you are asking for more presets, available through the app, in addition to the 2 on the Solo controller?

I think that's a good idea as I frequently use more than 2 gimbal angles during a shot.

Thanks for a warm welcome! Glad to be part of this community.

That's correct. Possibly presets to be saved in the app for buttons 1&2 on the controller or even more than two gimbal angle preset buttons in the app. I use multiple saved gimbal angles in each flight and saving each one takes several seconds. When you stack those seconds together, that's around a minute of flight time.

Reactions: Maddog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks