Where Can I buy the stock or extended battery for the SOLO transmitter?

Reaction score
Why is it that suddenly there is no battery option to buy the stock transmitter battery on 3DR's website or Best Buy. Suddenly my battery went from full to half and could not fly longer than 10 minutes. I have charged it overnight and it has not gone past half. Anyone had or having this problem? I have maybe a total of 6 hours flight time since I have owned my SOLO.

Where can I buy the stock or extended battery? Also does anyone know the wiring harness configuration for the transmitter battery as I might have to use another battery to power the transmitter. Otherwise the SOLO is useless without a transmitter battery pack.

@Jun Mangahas -The smarts for charging the controller battery are in the controller, that's why the additional wires to the battery. If I were you, I wouldn't toss the old battery without careful disassembly to see how 3DR wired the connector to the battery cells. The battery itself isn't any different than any other Li-ion battery. I'm sure folks on this forum would be appreciative of any of that information if you were to document or take some pics. We'll all be looking for replacements at some point, and may not find them other than a similar cell/size/capacity configuration without the 3dr connector.

Reactions: LAK-USA
@Jun Mangahas -The smarts for charging the controller battery are in the controller, that's why the additional wires to the battery. If I were you, I wouldn't toss the old battery without careful disassembly to see how 3DR wired the connector to the battery cells. The battery itself isn't any different than any other Li-ion battery. I'm sure folks on this forum would be appreciative of any of that information if you were to document or take some pics. We'll all be looking for replacements at some point, and may not find them other than a similar cell/size/capacity configuration without the 3dr connector.

Would be interesting to see how they are connected. They are a 2 cell (7.2V) battery, but have a 4 wire connector.

On Edit: My mistake, it is a 5 wire connector

Last edited:
Link to thread that 3DR is closing shop ???
If you search this forum for "Forbes" somebody linked the article. 3DR isn't producing the Solo any longer and is concentrating on their survey 'site scan' software aspect of the business. So most folks have been buying the Solo "deals" at Best Buy or Amazon or B and H to have spares. Much cheaper to buy complete vehicle at that price and use for spares than trying to find any spare parts at probably higher prices. There was some speculation that they might go cheaper during the holidays, but who knows. Right now you can get Solo with gimbal, extra battery, props at BB for 399. BB is 3DR primary outlet, they no longer sell direct. I saw some refurbished ones on eBay for ~284 (without gimbal), but most got bought up.

Would be interesting to see how they are connected. They are a 2 cell (7.2V) battery, but have a 4 wire connector.

On Edit: My mistake, it is a 5 wire connector
It is just a customized socket for a regular 2S lipo, the first three are for the balance, the last two are for the power wires.

Why is it that suddenly there is no battery option to buy the stock transmitter battery on 3DR's website or Best Buy. Suddenly my battery went from full to half and could not fly longer than 10 minutes. I have charged it overnight and it has not gone past half. Anyone had or having this problem? I have maybe a total of 6 hours flight time since I have owned my SOLO.

Where can I buy the stock or extended battery? Also does anyone know the wiring harness configuration for the transmitter battery as I might have to use another battery to power the transmitter. Otherwise the SOLO is useless without a transmitter battery pack.

I had the same problem with my controller battery, and, after searching for a replacement, stumbled onto a source for the cells inside the original battery. I took the original battery apart (cut the cover off with a knife) and replaced the cells easily with the ones I purchased from CanadianBatteries.com .... here is the link to the replacement: Dam Pm100-dk, Pm100ii-dk, Pm100iii-dk replacement battery

This is the same link but in US dollars: Dam Pm100-dk, Pm100ii-dk, Pm100iii-dk replacement battery

Just charged the new battery pack up and I'm back to 100%.

Here are some photos of the battery pack with the new cells installed

.IMG_2115.JPG

IMG_2114.JPG

IMG_2116.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe Horn and Maddog

This just struck me (duh) but is your Solo under warranty? 6 hrs flight time?

I had the same problem with my controller battery, and, after searching for a replacement, stumbled onto a source for the cells inside the original battery. I took the original battery apart (cut the cover off with a knife) and replaced the cells easily with the ones I purchased from CanadianBatteries.com .... here is the link to the replacement: Dam Pm100-dk, Pm100ii-dk, Pm100iii-dk replacement battery

This is the same link but in US dollars: Dam Pm100-dk, Pm100ii-dk, Pm100iii-dk replacement battery

Just charged the new battery pack up and I'm back to 100%.

Here are some photos of the battery pack with the new cells installed

.View attachment 4649

View attachment 4650

View attachment 4651
Great work- thanks for sharing!
Is each cell 7.2 volts?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members