What could cause repeating Loiter mode selection ?

VCD

Reaction score
I have been fiddling with different px4-v3 builds on Solo cube , and got to a point where "loiter" is automatically selected at regular intervals when armed/flying.
this means that no other mode sticks more than 1 second. , even RTL.

I just wonder how that can be.

Also; what is special about CubeBlack-Solo vs CubeBlack builds.

It's because loading random firmware not configured for the solo is not going to work properly.

CubeBlack-Solo is in master (3.7-dev). It is configured by default to work properly on the Solo. The only difference between than and plain old CubeBlack is default parameters set as required for the Solo. Also, CubeBlack-Solo in master is only in *.apj file format since there is no such thing as px4 anymore in master. Also, there are lots of other things that need to be updated on the Solo in order for ArduCopter master to work properly.

So if you actually want any of this to work properly, you will need Open Solo 3.0.0 installed. Then you should read the ArduCopter 3.7-dev testing instructions. The link to this documentation is in my signature.

Of course, I am using OpenSolo :)
-renaming .apj works just fine.
-as for using 3.7-Dev from firmware updates, the text says 10 February... so it would be a bit old. - hence , as when I were testing some 3.6.7, I downloaded my own .apj instead.
-The "controller update" package got updated at least once without telling there was a new build.

Please use a package name that will reveal that the contents are updated. - or is there a place any/all updates are announced ?

Last edited:
There is more to that installer package than just the ArduCopter firmware. It updates numerous python files too that are required for proper operation, plus some new features. You're welcome to install the latest ArduCopter at anytime afterwards. I'm actually working on updating that package with the latest master of today as I'm typing this. I'm about to go test fly it, but it will be quick since there is a stead 22mph wind today... The controller update package is also needed for this to work properly.

The packages all have a date and a description of what's in them. The 3.7-dev discussion has been mostly in the Facebook beta testing group. You should join that!

The latest ArduCopter 3.7-dev as of Saturday April 27, 2019 is now available in the Solex FW updates menu. Lots of updates and improvements in the last two months from the ArduCopter development team. Nothing glaringly obvious or earth shattering to the Solo specifically. It's all behind the curtains. There is now a package for first time installation, which includes all the python files (compatibility, Battery cell alerts, GoPro power, GoPro clock, etc etc). There is also a new package that is ArduCopter firmware only. So if you've already installed the old 3.7-dev package before, you can use this to just upgrade the FW without overwriting everything else. No need to reinstall the controller update if you already did that too. It flew just fine in a 20mph gusting wind!

Reactions: Wetstone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela