Video stream problem...

J R

Reaction score
Screenshot_2015-10-20_17-28-44.jpg Has anyone seen this (screenshot)? My video has been working fine but today started looking like this screenshot. It's a GoPro Hero 4 Black. It fly's and recorders fine and every once in a while it will come up correctly for a second and then it just freezes the live video feed. The screenshot is what it looks like every time I power it up now. I've tried various ways of booting everything up and I've tried reseating the GoPro and the HDMI connection. I just cant seem to figure it out. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Jerry

Rebooted tablet.....reset camera...checked HDMI cable on the board...tried another tablet.....connect camera to a monitor via the HDMI port....

Rebooted tablet.....reset camera...checked HDMI cable on the board...tried another tablet.....connect camera to a monitor via the HDMI port....

Good tips Ray. Yes, I've checked all except taking the bird apart to check the board connection.

Jerry

I got the same problem with you Jerry, I have already checked the connection cable from the board and when I did not use the gimbal and connect the cable hdmi directly to gopro everything is back to normal, I am using gopro hero 4 black. I have been tried every step and reset everything but still not work, :(
Vebry

Vebry,

So it sounds like it's in the gimbal in your case? Do you get the same effect that I showed in the picture? If so, I might give a go at trying to open up the gimbal tomorrow night. Maybe the ribbon cable in the gimbal has come loose or is somehow damaged. Thanks for the info.

Jerry

Jerry,
Yes in my case it seems gimbal ribbon cable problem or hdmi connection problem inside the gimbal, I got same picture as your stream picture, even hdmi from the controller still the same red picture .

Verbry,

Just thought I should let you know that in my case it's either the HDMI cable or something in the bird itself. I tried my GoPro with the gimbal removed and I still have the screwed up live view.

Jerry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M