video stabilization

Really interesting use of technology. Didn't read anywhere regarding the resolution after processing. They state for best performance shoot 4K video in wide mode, but that's it... I'm assuming 1080.

The reality is that this could be done, with a little effort, with the information provided by Solo...I presume. If that would be the case, then the GP could process on the fly...with Solo's data stream.

we can already do this in post. you just need to spend a little more time for the tracking. and yes you lose some resolution in the process based on how aggressive the footage is. i'm always skeptical about kickstarter projects since they almost always over-promise

Really interesting use of technology. Didn't read anywhere regarding the resolution after processing. They state for best performance shoot 4K video in wide mode, but that's it... I'm assuming 1080.

The reality is that this could be done, with a little effort, with the information provided by Solo...I presume. If that would be the case, then the GP could process on the fly...with Solo's data stream.
I'm assuming that they do since it supports all GoPro's

It would be great to use this WITH the gimbal but there's no room for it.
Gimbal is still your sure fire best bet for smoother video.
Kickstarter can be... well.... troubling at times.

Reactions: DattaGroover
I've noticed in a quick test that in fcpx the smoothcam has an additional rarely used mode called inertia cam . I tried it on one clip and it was amazing, a bunch of others. Terrible. Looks like it works really well on fairly stable footage that just needs like a lens stabilization quicksand type help. Don't have a gimbal yet, but thinking it will work wonders on gimbal footage that needs a little more

we can already do this in post. you just need to spend a little more time for the tracking. and yes you lose some resolution in the process based on how aggressive the footage is. i'm always skeptical about kickstarter projects since they almost always over-promise

What program are you using to do this?

What program are you using to do this?

i've been doing it with sony vegas pro. it has a stabilizing plugin already built in and its automated. not sure about premiere but i know for sure you can do it in after effects too

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and this one is a pretty extreme example of when we started using it in 2011.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Maddog
was that second footage supposed to be stabilized? Just asking cuz I didnt bother to finish it as it was making me dizzy

Reactions: Maddog
was that second footage supposed to be stabilized? Just asking cuz I didnt bother to finish it as it was making me dizzy

2nd half of the vid shows the original. You wont be shooting anything in that kinda situations anyway. Just an extreme example

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44