Video feed problem

Reaction score
Hi

I own a Solo with Gimbal installed. I'm using a GoPro4 silver and a mini-iPad 4.

Up until a few weeks, I had no issue with the video feed but now I'm not able to make it work...

I told myself that it might be a setting issue with the iPad so I tried my Galaxy S6 instead (I used it when I bought the Solo). No luck, same problem.

So with this test, chances are that the problem is with the GoPro or the Solo settings or both.

I tried several sequences to start everything prior flying but I got no luck.

I'm out of ideas... Is someone else got that kind of problem ? If so, did you found any solution to make it work properly ?

If you have a similar setup, could you share the settings you are using for the GoPro and the start up procedure you are using ?

Any help you could provide will be very much appreciated!

Best regards!!!

Welcome, Denis. You want to make sure all of your firmware is up to date. That includes your camera, as well as the Solo app. You also might try uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it. That worked for me a while back, and I haven't had the problem since. Also remember that 3DR is available 24/7 to help you out. Good luck, and safe flying.

Hi Denis..I would try what Chuck was mentioning !
And I would also recommend to make sure that the little HDMI plug that is on the Gimblal is plugged ALL THE WAY IN the GoPro !
Iv had a couple of video feed issues myself once..and I notice that I wasint pushing the HDMI plug all the way into the GoPro ..so I would recommend to doublecheck that :)
Also make suret you check your setting in your GoPro to make sure it's NOT IN PAL !!
iv also read that people have lowered the resolution settings on the GoPro to get there feed back !

I hope this helps

Good luck

Cheers

I am a green Solo flyer, but had a similar problem for me last night. Like Del, I noticed my hdmi cable was not fully engaged into the gopro. Even after that I still had problems, but got my video back by powering up in this order: gorpo, controller, start app and connect, Solo. Wait for gps lock. I also just installed my gimbal with a system reset with some help from 3DR tech. He said my versions were all up to date (probably production):
App 1.3.1, Solo 1.3.0, Auto Pilot 1.2.19, gimbal 1.2.0 Controller 1.3.0, Controller Firmware 1.2.6

Welcome to the forum Denis!

I have the same setup except with an iPad mini 3.

Here's my startup sequence:
Solo controller
Wait for iPad to connect with Solo wifi.
Solo app
GoPro
Solo

Even if I forget to turn the GoPro on, I've found that I can start it after Solo and still get a video feed.

Let us know what happens.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc