Video feed issues

Reaction score
I know that there have been a lot of posts related to video feed troubleshooting but It's hard to make sense of them and I'm wondering if anyone has an Idea what I should do with an issue that I am having with my video feed. I am using a GoPro hero4 silver. I am able to get a quick clear connection to the video feed and it seems to be streaming nicely to both my iPhone or iPad. The problem occurs when I make any quicker movements or turns while flying. The video feed will begin to roll on me (like an old VCR) and I have a hard time seeing what the camera is broadcasting back to my phone. If I hold steady for a few seconds and let the solo hover then the video usually corrects itself. It's not terrible but it get pretty frustrating to fly it FPV. I have messed with the video cable and tried rerouting it a couple of times. I have read some of the threads about replacing the video cable. What is the latest on that topic? Has anyone had success with that? Does anyone have other suggestions? I haven't contacted 3DR support yet but I'm about to go that route to see if I can improve the situation.

Thanks

1. Update GoPro firmware.
  2. Update Solo app and Solo/Controller firmware.
  3. Now double check that you really did update the GoPro firmware.
  4. Make sure GoPro is firmly seated into back connector on gimbal, and make sure HDMI cable is firmly plugged in.
  5. In Solo app, change camera type to a different model, then back to the correct model.
  6. Turn everything off, then power up GoPro first, then Solo, then Controller, then connect tablet/phone to Solo wifi, then launch Solo app.
  7. Borrow another GoPro and test it in your Solo. (but make sure it's firmware is up to date!)
  8. Send support ticket to 3DR

Wow that was the most useless answer ever. We need some mods or something this is a diy forum! I've tried to remove the gimbal from the equation and it works fine there. I've taken apart the entire solo to check the HDMI connector there. It was a little loose so I tightened the connection and squeezed the female plug so it would be more secure. That definitely helped for a little bit but now all the problems are back. Why do people replace the HDMI cable? Just to have a little less stiff cable or better video feed?

Wow that was the most useless answer ever. We need some mods or something this is a diy forum!. ...Why do people replace the HDMI cable? Just to have a little less stiff cable or better video feed?
I didn't see any useless answers requiring a mod. A bit of levity, perhaps.

Many think it is stiff and bulky and has a propensity to vibrate. And it can actually interfere with the gimbal is not routed correctly. Some have also claimed to save weight with the ribbon connector; probably true to some extent. But reading this forum, those ribbon cables have not been without their own problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986