Using compass which is included with some brands of upgrade U -Blox M8N GPS.

Reaction score
Who has experience with converting their from old SOLO leg compass to one of those included with their replacement GPS? I am thinking of replacing damaged leg-type compass with an upgrade GPS/compass. Any observations, comments, or insults?

Thanks, Joe Homer

EXTREMELY HAPPY! Add to the mix a green cube and you will have ecstatic-
but make sure the HEX Green Cube and HERE are compatible.

Reactions: Coastwise
there is currently an issue involving a chip HEX is now using where the HERE gps is not detectable

there is currently an issue involving a chip HEX is now using where the HERE gps is not detectable

USMC86, I’m not quite clear what you mean by “HERE GPS is not detectable “. Do you mean that when using the compass of the HERE GPS you cannot see any difference between that and the original SOLO leg compass?

JWH

USMC86, I’m not quite clear what you mean by “HERE GPS is not detectable “. Do you mean that when using the compass of the HERE GPS you cannot see any difference between that and the original SOLO leg compass?

JWH
The newest Here GPS made after 1/1/2018 will not work with the stock solo but will with a green cube.. >>>> HERE GNSS Solo GPS Kit

Last edited:
Perfect Harmony XevetS!!
However, once this issue is corrected- the HERE will lock in satellites in a jiffy!!!! I did the Green Cube and HERE and it doesn’t even seem like the same drone!!!!
And to the members who made this possible-
We Salute You!!

And when you’re done, throw your leg compass up for sale to another forum member who might not be able ( or allowed) to get a HERE. Parts are getting scarce- we need to look after each other!

And when you’re done, throw your leg compass up for sale to another forum member who might not be able ( or allowed) to get a HERE. Parts are getting scarce- we need to look after each other!

USMC86, Thanks for expansions on your remarks. Sorry to seem so dim. It’s much clearer now but I see HERE GPS is not available at the moment. There is another Neo M8N for sale at Aliexpress which I may investigate.
Cheers.
Joe Homer

Hey Joe-
These guys will eventually get the HERE squared away- don’t be discouraged- it’s bad ass when the Green Cube and the HERE are functioning properly. I couldn’t be happier with my HERE equipped Solo!

And again.... From P2P

"If you're using the stock cube, the old version of ArduCopter does not have the driver for the new version of the HERE, and it never will. So for the time being, stock cubes will require the older version of the HERE. If you're running Open Solo on the green cube, you have ArduCopter 3.5.4, and it has the driver for the new version of the HERE already. But, you would need to manually change the COMPASS_ORIENT parameter to something else since it is not 0 anymore. ArduCopter 3.5.5 has recently been released, and has that orientation fix baked into it, meaning the COMPASS_ORIENT parameter should be 0 again. This is **not** baked into Open Solo, and I haven't put 3.5.5 up on Solex or SidePilot yet"

So the good news is that the new HERE will work with the Green cube if you have ArduCopeter 3.5.4. However no one seems to know what the compass_orient should be set to and this is the problem. P2P was going to upload ArduCopter 3.5.5. however he was waiting on some testing and then he ended up being made very busy as a result of some unfortunate events.

So the good news is that the new HERE will work with the Green cube if you have ArduCopeter 3.5.4. However no one seems to know what the compass_orient should be set to and this is the problem

Here are the values for the newer HERE it will work with the Green cube if you have ArduCopter 3.5.4 and as long as its facing upright and forward,

Compass_Orient value from 0 to 26
or ROTATION_PITCH_180_YAW_90

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo