Updated GoPro, now no live video [solved]

I found the problem, and boy was it silly. After updating my GoPro I failed to realize the settings had been reset. When I set the FOV back to medium, the live video came back. I was surprised to learn that the live video does not work in wide FOV mode. Anyway, hope this helps someone else. Not sure if this is a problem on the GoPro Hero4, might just be a problem on the GoPro 3.
I have the hero 4 black and I connect fine even on FOV W MODE

Solo & GoPro video link solved :)
I received my Solo two days ago, and tried my Hero 3 / Hero 3+ / iPhone / iPad Air with all kinds of settings and sometimes it worked and sometimes it did not. I read most of the posts regarding GoPro and No Video, with no success, then went on with trial and error and found the following:
if you bought your Solo from North America, then GoPro need to be in NTSC. All video resolutions and FOV, frame settings combinations will work.

if you set it to PAL, then nothing will work.

if you set GoPro to NTSC and still no video, then:
1) quit the Solo app (in iOS you need to double tap on home button and swipe up to quit the app)
2) switch off GoPro and ON again
3) launch Solo App

of course for the above to work you need to check for the following:
1) Solo and Controller needs to be on and connected to each other
2) your device need to be connected to Solo Link via WiFi
3) your GoPro wireless needs to be off

remember to switch off OSD in GoPro so you don't get GoPro settings on top of the video (unless you want it), also once you are in the app, all the GoPro menu settings will show up on your iOS which makes it a lot easier to change settings for the GoPro.

hope the above help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986