Update, impressed until I wasn't!

Well you can always try another calibration .. But I would recommend doing it with a fully charged battery ..!! And if that doesn't work ..Mabe there could be a glitch in your firmware when you installed it.. You could always try doing a factory reset and then reinstalling the newest firmware back into your Solo ..
Thanks for the ideas, I'm thinking about taking out my cardboard mod as well and seeing if it helps. I just hope I'm not forced to send her back to 3dr, I've had enough of the waiting this release to last a lifetime.

Thanks for the ideas, I'm thinking about taking out my cardboard mod as well and seeing if it helps. I just hope I'm not forced to send her back to 3dr, I've had enough of the waiting this release to last a lifetime.
I hear yah Bro... Keep us updated and post on your results .. I'm curious to see how you resolve this issue :)

I'm going to shift gears a little bit, but still remain within the title of this thread. I have completed seven sorties with the Solo since the new 1.2 update and have noticed a degradation of the video link. My gimbal is still at 3DR for repairs (3 weeks now) so I am flying with the old school frame setup using the GP 3 black. I also have the FPVLR version 2 antenna which has been rock solid up to this new version. The video link is just way too unstable for FPV missions. It breaks up constantly as close as 600 feet and gets intolerable beyond that range. It's kind of like flying with 5 second single frame updates which can lead to catastrophic results when flying over hills and canyons. I am flying in exactly the same location that I have logged over a hundred sorties with this same setup and excellent video. The only variable has been the new firmware update. Has anybody else had this same issue?

I'm going to shift gears a little bit, but still remain within the title of this thread. I have completed seven sorties with the Solo since the new 1.2 update and have noticed a degradation of the video link. My gimbal is still at 3DR for repairs (3 weeks now) so I am flying with the old school frame setup using the GP 3 black. I also have the FPVLR version 2 antenna which has been rock solid up to this new version. The video link is just way too unstable for FPV missions. It breaks up constantly as close as 600 feet and gets intolerable beyond that range. It's kind of like flying with 5 second single frame updates which can lead to catastrophic results when flying over hills and canyons. I am flying in exactly the same location that I have logged over a hundred sorties with this same setup and excellent video. The only variable has been the new firmware update. Has anybody else had this same issue?
Did you do any Wifi mods besides the FPVLR antennas? If yes, that's likely the problem.

Actually I experienced the opposite. The video link on my Nexus 7/2013 appears less bricked an smoother with 1.2 now.

Yea be sure to undo the host mod if you've done it before updating I had slow choppy feed before the update and I have to think the mod contributed to it. Both before and now after my feeds been better it's still not perfect, but it's definitley accurate enough for most any fpv needs I have. If that's not the issue something may be wrong cause most are seeing better results after the update with streaming at least.

Good luck support seems to be caught up, their looking over my issues now and I've already Recieved a couple responses from my recent ticket.

Now that is strange. I did not modify any of the software or any other hardware (FPLVR being the exception). I too am using the Nexus 7 for the display. Just for S & giggles, I will use the original antennas tomorrow for a quick flight to see if that narrows in the variables. I have also noticed that Solo is now using channel 8 for its transmissions since the update. Probably not an issue as it appears to have that channel all to its own since this area is not saturated with wifi interference. It's pretty much open desert. In any case, thanks for the feedback.

Yea I'm using ver 1 fpvlr and I too am swapping my stocks on next flight, I want to see if the update improved their range. I love my fpvlr, but hate that I have to take it off and put it on every time I unpack solo from the backpack. It'd be nice to use the stocks for normal stuff and the fpvs if I need the extra range.

2 days ago I was flying over Lake Superior with the new update and I didn't have any problems , but I dodged a bullet because I didn't check the KP index and I usually do. I have an app on my phone that glows either green , yellow , or red. Yesterday was yellow the past couple of day before that was red (when I was out over deep water). Solar activity can mess with gps big time. try it today the kp is green

Reactions: Adimuzio513
2 days ago I was flying over Lake Superior with the new update and I didn't have any problems , but I dodged a bullet because I didn't check the KP index and I usually do. I have an app on my phone that glows either green , yellow , or red. Yesterday was yellow the past couple of day before that was red (when I was out over deep water). Solar activity can mess with gps big time. try it today the kp is green
Thanks rich yea I've got Sam on mine too, but admittedly don't use it as much as I did a couple months ago. I changed a few things and am about to find out if I fixed anything here in a little bit. Hope I can get it working it's actually pretty around here for a change with fall taking effect now.

I learned my lesson, I could have had a very expensive splash and no recovery

I didn't really know how KP worked ..so I google it so I could have a better understanding of it! Here's a link to help people to get a better understanding of it like me..:)

The Kp-index | Help | SpaceWeatherLive.com

Not sure whether I fixed things or if it's just got something to do with activity, but so far so good. I'm heading to a nice area here in a bit with the kids and plan to get a couple packs in while I'm there. I'll see soon enough if it's fixed or I got lucky this flight.

Not sure whether I fixed things or if it's just got something to do with activity, but so far so good. I'm heading to a nice area here in a bit with the kids and plan to get a couple packs in while I'm there. I'll see soon enough if it's fixed or I got lucky this flight.
Keep us posted how you made out :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado