Update copter

Reaction score
Hi,

How can I update the copter version of my 3DR SOLO? Currently the drone has the 1.3.1 copter version, and I want to update it to the 3.3v

I already done the 3DR solo update.

Thanks.

ArduCopter 3.3 is years old and no longer supported. They're currently on 3.5, with 3.6 in beta. Why would you want to use 3.3???

ArduCopter 3.3 is years old and no longer supported. They're currently on 3.5, with 3.6 in beta. Why would you want to use 3.3???

Because I was reading, and I think that for those versions you need the green cube, and what I understood, with the 3.3 version you don’t need the cube.

So right now I’m doing a school project and is for Monday, so I think the green cube won’t arrive at time.

Reactions: nezumi
3.3 certainly is NOT compatible without the green cube. In fact it is even less compatible than 3.5 and 3.6 is. The only thing you can install is the 1.5.4 version of ArduPilot-Solo found here. OpenSolo/ardupilot-solo.

It is not anything like 3.3 or 3.5 or 3.6. Just has a few things not found in 1.3.1. Not really super special, and nothing modern.

Reactions: Ahvengeance
3.3 certainly is NOT compatible without the green cube. In fact it is even less compatible than 3.5 and 3.6 is. The only thing you can install is the 1.5.4 version of ArduPilot-Solo found here. OpenSolo/ardupilot-solo.

It is not anything like 3.3 or 3.5 or 3.6. Just has a few things not found in 1.3.1. Not really super special, and nothing modern.

The issue is that I want to use a function of dronekit that moves the drone respect to the Ned frame but in the documentation it says that to change the reference frame copter 3.3 or higher is needed

The función to change the frame is mavutil.mavlink.MAV_FRAME_BODY_NED

What exactly are you trying to do with your Solo? Are you are trying to control the Solo in Guided mode using Mavlink commands without a predefined mission say on the fly? If so you may be going about it the wrong way ...Mission planner..Or some other GCS might be able to do what you are trying to achieve or maybe not? It would help us help you If you gave us some more info...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela