Tutorial for Sidepilot App - Creating a Mapping Grid

Reaction score
I made a quick tutorial for using the Sidepilot app to create a mapping grid using iPhone. One bonus of this effort was using the new screen recording feature of iOS 11 in my iPhone 7+. Although iOS 11 does not come out until September 2017, I am using the public beta version to test out its features. Screen capture is one of these new features. Finally, screen capture with an Apple product!!! Below is the video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can you show what the work process is after you download the data? What is the final product?

Thanks well done. I have the app but have been to scared to use it after my first attempt to orbit resulted in some crazy behaviors. It was Solo going to the starting point. I didn't realize at the time Solo would go diagonal to the point not climb to altitude then fly to the point. Freaked me out.

I made a quick tutorial for using the Sidepilot app to create a mapping grid using iPhone. One bonus of this effort was using the new screen recording feature of iOS 11 in my iPhone 7+. Although iOS 11 does not come out until September 2017, I am using the public beta version to test out its features. Screen capture is one of these new features. Finally, screen capture with an Apple product!!! Below is the video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Save!

Can you show what the work process is after you download the data? What is the final product?

Mostly for mapping and for assessing plant (e.g., crop) health using normalized difference vegetation index (NDVI). Attached are two small test samples I made a while back, one a map-style overhead composite, and the other an NDVI composite. Both are stitched together from around 40 images. The NDVI can determine plant/crop health based on colorization.

Attachments

• IdaLeeVisual20170723.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 36
  • IdaLeeNDVI20170723-NDVI.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 38

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela