Try and Buy status

Reaction score
Asked the ? of support about what was the position of 3DR on the time differential between ship dates on the gimbal and Solo, ie., Solo and gimbal ordered but gimbal ships approx. 30 days later. Was told an "Official Statement" should be forthcoming.

Just got off the phone with Casey at 3DR customer support and he assured me that everything is on schedule, Solo and gimabl both. Shipping may even begin today on Solo with gimabl to those faithful that pre ordered from the beginning. According to Casey, it's a first come/order first serve/order out of 3DR order que system. The first to pre order will be the first to receive. I also asked him about tutorials on how to connect/calibrate gimbal, compass and when would the app be available. His answer was a little vague in that he really had no answer other than to say that I would receive a notification email with all those details once my pre order left the warehouse in route to me. Casey said to check the 3DR website for the latest information. There website has not updated since the Solo's release last month, nor has their FB page. My pre order was several days after the pre order's began so I don't expect my Solo and gimbal to go out before end of May. I'm good with that.

Just got off the phone with Casey at 3DR customer support and he assured me that everything is on schedule, Solo and gimabl both. Shipping may even begin today on Solo with gimabl to those faithful that pre ordered from the beginning. According to Casey, it's a first come/order first serve/order out of 3DR order que system. The first to pre order will be the first to receive. I also asked him about tutorials on how to connect/calibrate gimbal, compass and when would the app be available. His answer was a little vague in that he really had no answer other than to say that I would receive a notification email with all those details once my pre order left the warehouse in route to me. Casey said to check the 3DR website for the latest information. There website has not updated since the Solo's release last month, nor has their FB page. My pre order was several days after the pre order's began so I don't expect my Solo and gimbal to go out before end of May. I'm good with that.
That's exceptionally good news! I will be looking forward to seeing the 1st posts. I was hesitant on ordering, vacillated between P3 and Solo but the Cust. Support experience sold me vs None from DJI. I didn't order until this morning, B&H,but did get a free 2nd battery so not terribly disappointed. Thanks for the response and good flying.

Regards, David

wonder if 3dr will be shipping the large pre orders to the Big dealers BH DSLR BB

Just got off the phone with Casey at 3DR customer support and he assured me that everything is on schedule, Solo and gimabl both. .

I like that. However if you read the next thread up and next down they are saying the gimbal is VERY delayed.

?????

Wherever the most pre-orders are that haven't had cc's debited, that's where they will go. Maximize cash inflow, REVENUE!! 3DR 1st, then,,,????

I like that. However if you read the next thread up and next down they are saying the gimbal is VERY delayed.

?????
Nothing would surprise me at this point. I checked the B&H site just now and they are offering a free battery. I asked Casey at 3DR earlier today about the free batteries I'd been reading about in the blogs,he said he had not heard of any free battery offer.

have you recieved your solo yet?
today is the 12 of june?

B&H told me today around end of June, 1st of July. Just bewildered because I thought would have started to see posts like" Hey, just got mine", etc but on the contrary. Gotto run, watching the paint dry and the grass grow,,keeps me busy.

Reactions: rrmccabe
Seems to me we all have the same customer service named Casey. Is there anyone else at 3DR handling shipment related questions. I have been getting scripted responses.

Reactions: Yourviewfromabove
have you recieved your solo yet?
today is the 12 of june?
No..they tried to process my card and my bank refused them for some banking security issue. I have recently (last month) changed my business account to another bank so apparently there was some confusion. 3dr sent me an email letting me know my order was still on hold and that they were holding my place in the shipping que as soon as the bank ok'd the charge which I'm hoping was yesterday. Have not heard anything today.

I've heard Colin is hand packing each one:D
well someone picked ATxRC Productions, cause he has several videos posted on YouTube this week with his Solo. He uploaded one from each of the picture modes and a follow me from his car at 30 miles per hour. His videos are very difficult to watch but if you want to see the Solo in action, other than Colin from 3DR at the controls, here's your chance
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I spent a lot of time on the DJI forum nursing my Phantom 2 when the Phantom 3 rolled out. I'll have to say that rollout was much worse than this. They had no app in the very beginning, then the Android version came out and about 2 weeks later the IOS version came out. They still have very few spare parts, shells, etc. the spare batteries just shipped last week. If you send it in for warranty repairs, you won't see it again for 2 months as it goes back to China.
I had my eye on the Solo before the P3 came out, mainly because of the support you get from DJI. Another reason is because they did not include autonomous flight with it. I am hoping I can do that with Tower.
I purchased my Solo through DSLRPros towards the end of May so It will probably (hopefully) be July when I get it. I am looking forward to it!
Happy Flying!

Another reason is because they did not include autonomous flight with it. I am hoping I can do that with Tower.

According to 3DR you will be able to do this with tower. However in the event of a failure using tower there is no warranty. I asked them specifically.

I had heard that as well, and I really don't understand why. A few weeks ago on the DIYdrones forum I posted the question about Mission Planner and Tower and was told all their software would work on basically all their products. That was probably a sales pitch but It's not like it's a 3rd party app. Maybe future development will tailor it more for the Solo.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000