Tool for balancing props

Reaction score
Guys, I've only been in this hobby for a few months and I know balancing your props is a must. I also is aware that MAS props are balanced at the factory but you never know for sure. My question is, "what is the best tool to balance your props?". DIY or otherwise?

Thanks

Welcome!

I use the Dubro 499 balancer (($24.95 at Amazon).

You also need the EJH precision prop balancer which is a metal rod with screw fittings on each end to screw into the Solo or MAS props.

Unfortunately, I just discovered Amazon no longer carries the version for Solo. In looking at the ones for DJI, it doesn't look like they will fit.

Hopefully someone will chime in with another source for the EJH, or an alternative, because I couldn't find anything on Google. (Yet)

I'm looking at this Speedy Prop Balance Rod from Amazon which claims will work for the Solo.
Prop Balance Rod - Speedy Prop Balance Rod (for DJI Phantom 1,2 or 3, DJI 9450, 3DR Iris+, 3DR Solo, Blade Chroma)

Reactions: Maddog
I'm looking at this Speedy Prop Balance Rod from Amazon which claims will work for the Solo.
Prop Balance Rod - Speedy Prop Balance Rod (for DJI Phantom 1,2 or 3, DJI 9450, 3DR Iris+, 3DR Solo, Blade Chroma)
Excellent! Should work fine. I looked at the Speedy Prop balancer, which is made of all plastic, and I think the Dubro would be a better choice.

Thanks all. I ordered the Dubro from Amazon. It should deliver today.

You could even assume that the balancer itself isn’t balanced either...
People will buy into anything you tell them, especially if it makes some logical sense- but revert to your first thought
How do you know anything is accurate if you can’t test or prove that accuracy- and what is the tolerance of so???

Btw
MasterAirscrew came through with sending me the same number of reverse direction props where I had 4 of the same (previous mention) so I won’t have to order another set again and waste extra props
Customer Service is Excellent- in my case

Carolina Drones sells the EJH rod for 6mm prop nuts...Solo, APC and MAS

I prefer the small diameter rod that is provided in the DuBro kit for open nut props like APC. The EJH uses a similar design, cold rolled 1/8" rod, with threaded adapters swedged onto the rod, great for MAS or stock props. Lower inertia resistance (??) with the smaller diameter rods equals better balancing of props.

You can test the balancing accuracy by removing the prop and reapplying to the balance rod. Thread engagement and applied torque will cause variables. Also blade tip tracking will be an indicator if the prop is properly installed onto the rod, if balance rod is bent or that you have a deformed blade....

The above is over-the-top for balancing considerations, but then this is how I approach prop balancing...ymmv.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela