The solo suddenly crashed...

Reaction score

<Bin log>

RECENT-1.BIN

Hello, everyone.

I am desperately wanting your help now.

Two weeks ago .... my solo suddenly crashed at 100m. While performing an automatic flight, suddenly the solo stops in place and it crashes. Fortunately, solo never collided with people. I was flying in an empty rice paddy. But my solo is shattered.... Also, the expensive sensor called Rededge M installed in solo.... I feel really sad.... really.... Most of all.... I heard that the sensor can not get A / S because this is the user's fault. It's a sensor that costs thousands of dollars. So I need your help.

I want to know exactly why this problem occurred. When I looked at the log, I suspect that GPS and battery had problems at the time. But it's just speculation. So I want you guys to see the log and tell me your opinion. I really would like to ask.

I will organize my questions once more. Here are three things.

1. I wonder why solo suddenly crashed. It was a moment. It stops for a while and then it falls. I wonder if the battery is a problem ... or if there was a mistake we really made.

2. I want to know how to solve the problem. solo is the equipment I need for my research. I will use it often in the future .... I am afraid to use it with this problem .... How can I solve this problem?

3. Currently, the seller is telling us that this is our fault. We just flew as we were educated. So I want to know. Is it really because we made a mistake? Somebody please teach me....

There is something special about the solo that we use. Only Rededge-M multispectral sensors are equipped. The RGB camera sensor is not equipped. and I am using the GPS module as M8n, and the automatic flight is using the Qtroungcontrol application which is a pre-Android factor. Keep this in mind.

please. Please someone help me.

hope this helps...
i put your log into mission planner and here's what I got

with regards to gps, the drone switched to fly:manual after a spike in hdop-you avg is around .6, and it went up to around 1.2

compass failure, imu mismatch, motor imbalance, pitch/roll failureanalysis.PNG

Do you know a similar phenomenon?
I am currently suspicious of GPS and battery. Because of the result of the log below. What do you think about this part?

gps.JPG

GPS Glitch

battery.JPG

battery

I'll look at the log later tonight when I get home. The graphs and auto-analyzer aren't telling me anything useful without context and more detail. A lot of the stuff in the auto analysis is probably a result falling out of the sky and crashing, not the cause of the crash.

Welcome to the forum Iswn- sorry about your loss. Somebody here will be able to help you out but we need more details.

You said Solo stopped and then crashed. Describe how it crashed- just fell straight down, motors stopped spinning, it rolled over and fell, etc.

Where are you?

It appears to be a mechanical failure of motor pod #2. You can see in the first graph, the actual and desired attitude diverges violently. It's tumbling. In the second graph, you see the autopilot trying to compensate. #2 goes to maximum power, while the others are mostly going low. Impossible to recover but it tries. I would guess either the motor failed or a propeller broke.

fail1.png

fail2.png

So....Does the battery or gps signal look okay? And I listen to the seller. He was told that the logs contain confusion caused by my manual flight. Do you actually see that?

He is reading it wrong. The GPS had no issues and there were no power/battery problems. The GPS and EKF errors occurred after the failure while it was tumbling down. GPS frequently doesn't work properly while upside down or smashed into the ground. The change from Auto to manual was also after the failure and occurred automatically which is normal. Everything was perfectly fine until the mechanical failure.

Thank you. Thank your opnion!
I had a hard time. I am afraid I will not get a refund of this work ... but I think I have just caught a clue because of you. Again, thank you very much!!

And if possible, I would like you to tell me how to check in the logs that I have manually controlled after the problem occurred.

It's not that you manually controlled anything. While the solo was tumbling and falling out of the sky, the resulting loss of GPS and position estimation triggered an automatic mode change to Manual mode. It's nothing you did or could have done.

I heard your opinion well. I will take that opinion actively and talk to the seller. And .... If it is still an accident caused by my manipulation .... I would like to ask for your help again.

Anyway I really appreciate it. Thank you!

Hey buds. I may be WAY off base here, but did you install the green cube? The reason I ask is because (to me in my experience, anyways) the motors usually give some sort of sign that they're hurting before they fail. Like maybe a squeeling or high pitched scream sound when it's hoovering. OR, it'll be super hot after a flight in not-so-hot weather...know what I mean? Anyway, that Green cube makes sure the correct power gets to the motors. I mean MAKES SURE. The original cube doesn't. That one is ok and all I guess if you're not around people and like to roll the dice. I know my first unit fell out of the sky due to what they call "jumped a rail" or some shit I don't even understand. All I know is the Green cube eliminates the possibility of a motor failure due to voltage spikes and stuff. Well, as beat as anything can I suppose..... Just a thought. Something to run up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes, so to speak. Good luck to ya.

Thank your opinion!
In fact, my solo have a lot of problems before. Especially after the take off, spin often occurred. Therefore, I also guessed that it was caused by the voltage of the motor. However, when we checked the voltage, I received a test result that the normal voltage was delivered. So I had a suspicion that there was a problem other than the motor.... Especially, there was a problem with the application(=Qground control for android). How about your opinion on this part?

Thank your opinion!
In fact, my solo have a lot of problems before. Especially after the take off, spin often occurred. Therefore, I also guessed that it was caused by the voltage of the motor. However, when we checked the voltage, I received a test result that the normal voltage was delivered. So I had a suspicion that there was a problem other than the motor.... Especially, there was a problem with the application(=Qground control for android). How about your opinion on this part?
If you are asking me what my opinion and experience is with the Solex App, then I have no disparaging remarks to make in that regard. In other words, It's been good to me. Well, you know...except for the 'optical follow' and stuff like that. But that's not the App's fault....it's something to do with a 'logorythime' or some shit I know nothing about nor how to spell. When you said, 'spin'...that immediately made me think of the compass in the leg. ALSO~~ I just thought of this~~ when you change locations ....like for instance I live at the beach. However I just got back from the mountains and while I was there I remembered that I should do a recalibration IMU and Compass. ( the one that says 'lay it on it's side, front, nose down, blah blah blah...and the other one where you have to face north and rotate every which way). Some people have discovered glitches in some of the features of Solex in the past and both Kelly and Peddles-to-paddles (among a few others who are just as important in their own way) have gotten right on that shit and boom-shakalaka-boom, fixed it. Did you say something about some of your motor pod lights don't work? Or was that another thread? I can't remember, but if it was you then I also have a pod that only some light configurations work. In my particular case it happens to be one of the mosfets that's fk'd up. Doesn't concern me though because that's my "fishing Frankensolo" and I don't give a fk if it's pretty and flashing cool colors or not. Yeah man, I'd be suspicious of the compass if you've done the calibration thing. Oh, wait. One other thing...and for some reason this is important (trust me on this) after the level calibration turn off the bird battery and turn it back on. ( That's called 'cycling' the battery ~or power~) . Then after the IMU (or compass....whatever the other one is called) calibration, do the same thing again. I mean cycle the power on the bird once more. Should be good to go, imo. Hope this helps in some small way. Good luck to ya, buds.
One more thing since 3DR is no longer.... IF you got this on Ebay or some place that's not an "authorized retailer" then you're fk'd. That's just the way it is. Sux big time ( at least for me it did after I crashed a few in the ocean), but live and learn. Definately LEARN.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc