The last straw

Reaction score
Finally received gimbal after what, 3 months? Went out this morning to test and the gimbal isn't working (keeps turning downwards when the solo moves sidways). I also kept losing video signal after a few hundred feet, even though the controller was controlling fine, much further away. (wifi cards upgraded to R11e's). Brought it back to launch area so I could eyeball the gimbal while manuevering (left, right, back, forward) and then it seemed to have lost gps and headed straight for a tree! 4 more broken props! (modded with the M8N GPS). I am sick of modding and trying to get this thing to work right! I am not a do-it-yourself kind of guy but I have now completely taken this thing apart and put it back together. This is not what I signed up for! Trouble ticket sent. If they don't fix it once and for all it's going back, I've had quite enough beta testing for 3DR!!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Will 3DR refund will all those mods aboard?
The drooping is almost for sure a bad install or calibration Take the battery tray out and look for wires hitting the yaw motor. Then do a level calibration.

Can't explain your bad video, though I would check the MicroTik and gimbal installs as well. I have gone out just over a mile (just to see if I could) with just an FPVLR antenna swap. After that antenna, I have yet to lose a connection. Several friends that are into distance (Solo Mod Club) regularly go out 2+ miles with the swapped cards you have.

The thing is that it can and should work. The answer to the problems you have are specific. You need to troubleshoot each one separately and methodically to find the specific problems.

A good place to start is the logs. They will tell you what actually happened from the controller/computer perspective. If you post them here, several will take an unbiased look, and give you feedback that might help you fix the problems. There are logs on your solo that go far beyond just the telemetry. They can be used to understand the specifics of what is happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoover185
The drooping is almost for sure a bad install or calibration Take the battery tray out and look for wires hitting the yaw motor. Then do a level calibration.

Can't explain your bad video, though I would check the MicroTik and gimbal installs as well. I have gone out just over a mile (just to see if I could) with just an FPVLR antenna swap. After that antenna, I have yet to lose a connection. Several friends that are into distance (Solo Mod Club) regularly go out 2+ miles with the swapped cards you have.

The thing is that it can and should work. The answer to the problems you have are specific. You need to troubleshoot each one separately and methodically to find the specific problems.

A good place to start is the logs. They will tell you what actually happened from the controller/computer perspective. If you post them here, several will take an unbiased look, and give you feedback that might help you fix the problems. There are logs on your solo that go far beyond just the telemetry. They can be used to understand the specifics of what is happening.
I have the logs as a zip file - attach that? Thanks for the help! I know I'm ranting, but this is supposed to be an unpack and fly rig, it's been anything but. Still love it when it works though.

Attachments

• logs.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Yes, I had same problem. And do what Earl sais. Take battery tray out. You know how easy that is. I checked mine from there and sure enough when it rotated it touched a cable just enough. The motors aren't very strong. Anyway, repositioned wires from the top, never had another problem.

Reactions: Del
Yes, I had same problem. And do what Earl sais. Take battery tray out. You know how easy that is. I checked mine from there and sure enough when it rotated it touched a cable just enough. The motors aren't very strong. Anyway, repositioned wires from the top, never had another problem.
Will try, thanks very much guys! (When the new props get here-online only thru resellers in Canada right now...)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44