That last battery LED....

Reaction score
Website
www.jlphotocreative.com
I currently have four batteries - so if I want to fly twice in one day, with only 1 charger it's definitely an early morning/late afternoon affair! I check on the batteries whilst charging, but that last blinking LED drives me crazy!

I have the four batteries lined up and often plug the next battery in when that last LED will not stop on the previous one. However, when I go back to that last battery or another I have abandoned charging whilst the annoying LED blinks, there are no LED's indicating it is completely charged!!

I have timed the last LED for over 30 minutes. Anyone else frustrated like me?

I so need a second charger or a good multiple charging fix - like I had with my Helicopters a few years back.. I am yet to find a definitive alternative. Lots of "maybe if you try this..." or "what about if you..."

Just a bit if a rant based on the impatience I suffer when charging!

JL

Hi Jon. Welcome to the forum. I also have 4 batteries, and sprung for an extra charger. Boy, was that a good investment. I am able to do a lot more flying rather than looking at leds and wishing they would hurry up. I highly recommend it.

Reactions: Jon6565
Thanks Chuck. Yes - a second charger will ease the pain. I'm not sure whether they are available in Australia or whether I have to buy from the US... Maybe there's an Aussie on the forum who knows the answer? I ask because the plug will be US and need an adaptor... not a huge deal.

Thanks Chuck. Yes - a second charger will ease the pain. I'm not sure whether they are available in Australia or whether I have to buy from the US... Maybe there's an Aussie on the forum who knows the answer? I ask because the plug will be US and need an adaptor... not a huge deal.
I was on the phone to the guys at gooutdoors today who said they will be getting them in about 3 weeks.

I currently have four batteries - so if I want to fly twice in one day, with only 1 charger it's definitely an early morning/late afternoon affair! I check on the batteries whilst charging, but that last blinking LED drives me crazy!

I have the four batteries lined up and often plug the next battery in when that last LED will not stop on the previous one. However, when I go back to that last battery or another I have abandoned charging whilst the annoying LED blinks, there are no LED's indicating it is completely charged!!

I have timed the last LED for over 30 minutes. Anyone else frustrated like me?

I so need a second charger or a good multiple charging fix - like I had with my Helicopters a few years back.. I am yet to find a definitive alternative. Lots of "maybe if you try this..." or "what about if you..."

Just a bit if a rant based on the impatience I suffer when charging!

JL
Here are some additional conversations on charging and 3rd party chargers..
How do you charge your batteries? | 3D Robotics Drone Forum

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc