Taking pictures and videos?

Reaction score
I finally got both my Solo's up and flying...( thanks to everyone who helped me get them off the ground)
I have my Hero 4 mounted in the gimble but havent been able to figure out how to view on my phone or get it to take pictures or videos. Do I need the cable that connects my phone to the controller to be able to use the camera and/or remote view ?

No, you don't need a cable to connect your phone to the controller. The controller sends the live video stream to your phone using wifi, and the app you run on your phone displays that video feed. The steps involved in setting up the wifi connection should be clearly explained in your app's instructions. Which phone app are you using to control your Solo?

Is it not the case that you wifi your phone to the controller (not the drone), the drone connects to the controller, and controller does all the magic?

Hope you don’t mind but I have a problem with my video rolling. And a lot of times goes blank. Do I have a bad connection? What should I check first?

Is it not the case that you wifi your phone to the controller (not the drone), the drone connects to the controller, and controller does all the magic?
Sorry Joe Horn, didn't read your post right. You are correct

I had video problems. Problem was the cable, symptoms were no video, or distorted video. I replaced with a flat ribbon cable from aliexpress, durect from camera to main board, perfect pic again

Reactions: Ralph E. Johnson
I had video problems. Problem was the cable, symptoms were no video, or distorted video. I replaced with a flat ribbon cable from aliexpress, durect from camera to main board, perfect pic again
Thanks Luke. I think I have one of those in an old wreck Solo. I’ll give it a try. Much appreciated

I broke the ribbon cable trying to install it and can't find anyone who sells them now. any suggestion would be much
appreciated

I choose from this guy. I got a few more bits cos wanted to try a different cam too

I choose from this guy. I got a few more bits cos wanted to try a different cam too
I’m looking at what you sent Luke but can’t figure out what to buy. I’m not very technical and it takes 30 days to ship here. I don’t want to make a mistake. It looks like it all the parts but is it out together?

Reactions: brushhippie
I’m looking at what you sent Luke but can’t figure out what to buy. I’m not very technical and it takes 30 days to ship here. I don’t want to make a mistake. It looks like it all the parts but is it out together?

@Ralph E. Johnson they are fairly easy to put together. I get something similar from a supplier here in Australia. I use micro usb male connectors at each end and a 20cm flat cable to replace the standard 3DR solo cable from the main board to the gimbal , for my Nikon set up I use a longer cable (30cm) and a right angle into th e camera

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986