Surf fishing maiden voyage in two days!

Kevin,
Just off the top of my head, you can strip Solo and sell airframe- there are some busted Solos on ebay- that you could use components from and buy for cheap- Your controller is a steady $50 sell- and you have gimbals you can trade-
you are still in good shape.

I’m hoping you took the gimbal off. You sound intelligent.... so the immediate answer should be “ roger.”

I have a few Solos running around here- let me know what you need-
I’m heading to the Appalachian Mountains for a week is so- on the road now, but when I return I can round up “ stuff.”
I have no idea what I need to do. I'm pretty mechanically inclined but I'm not sure what's gone and isn't. Once its dried. How do you suggest testing it? I feel like jamming a battery in it and powering it on feels a little rash

Sit back and wait- could open it all up remove battery tray and put it in front of a fan a couple hours- it’s still early; some extremely intelligent forum members will chime in with what’s best.
Still haven’t answered about that gimbal- in my profession... that’s usually not good.

Sit back and wait- could open it all up remove battery tray and put it in front of a fan a couple hours- it’s still early; some extremely intelligent forum members will chime in with what’s best.
Still haven’t answered about that gimbal- in my profession... that’s usually not good.
Sorry I missed that. I removed the gimbal and replaced with a cover piece I 3D printed thanks to maddog. I meant after the alcohol soaking and drying. What do I do after what?

Kev-
Pros & cons....
Pros
caught fish
Solo worked
you found Solo
free education in drone development
had a good time
Thankfully removed gimbal! whew!!!
cons
drowned your first Solo
on your maiden voyage
will cost a couple bucks
gotta call Mark for another 3D part- order 3

Trust me- you aren’t the first one to take Solo swimming- and you won’t be the last.
Once you deploy your bait, take Solo up a bit so you have time to react if she gets squirrelly

Oh. you printed you own part! That’s cool!!
I think opening it up to get it dry, all water removed from all the small areas. Maybe use a can or two of compressed air people use for keyboards- Walmart sells it. That can’t hurt.
Your battery is most likely toast. At least they are getting ready to go on sale.
Guys will ring in soon, just_bruce, XevetS, IrishmanPDX, RichWest, pirate, and a few more- these guys will have some good advice. The worse is already done, relax, let her dry out, get yourself some nice brunch.
Maybe google water in electronics- we have drowned our dirt bikes on many occasions- open it up and let it sit a bit if it won’t start.
They always come back to life- by Solo is a bit more delicate.

Reactions: Kevin15664
Maybe WD-40 Electical Contact Cleaner? Thinking your alcohol will be doing the same. Sure want to prevent corrosion from taking place.

Oh. you printed you own part! That’s cool!!
I think opening it up to get it dry, all water removed from all the small areas. Maybe use a can or two of compressed air people use for keyboards- Walmart sells it. That can’t hurt.
Your battery is most likely toast. At least they are getting ready to go on sale.
Guys will ring in soon, just_bruce, XevetS, IrishmanPDX, RichWest, pirate, and a few more- these guys will have some good advice. The worse is already done, relax, let her dry out, get yourself some nice brunch.
Maybe google water in electronics- we have drowned our dirt bikes on many occasions- open it up and let it sit a bit if it won’t start.
They always come back to life- by Solo is a bit more delicate.
It did help me drag in a 46" red. that thing fought like hell.

Maybe WD-40 Electical Contact Cleaner? Thinking your alcohol will be doing the same. Sure want to prevent corrosion from taking place.
As soon as I get home I'll pull the black box and tear it apart; but you're right, this day deserves food.

go to ebay-
enter damaged 3DR Solo-
there is one for $40 plus like $9 for shipping. Says one of the motors is acting up. That could be a good one for you-
WATCH THE SHIPPING CHARGES!!! Some assholes have $40. to $60 shipping.
That’s bullshit.

go to ebay-
enter damaged 3DR Solo-
there is one for $40 plus like $9 for shipping. Says one of the motors is acting up. That could be a good one for you-
WATCH THE SHIPPING CHARGES!!! Some assholes have $40. to $60 shipping.
That’s bullshit.
I placed a bid on it. How does one determine which part is good and which isnt? Run a voltmeter through it?

Can. Thinking you can also use Solex to assist you plus t-logs. I promise, some knowledgeable guys will eventually chime in with crazy ass intelligence!

These are all you’re looking for- just a Bait Release Solo unit- and strip a couple extra cw motors and ccw motors as spares.
You are going to be a fishing legend. I’ll probably see you on a fishing mag cover!!

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Use craigslist too!! Guys looking for a few bucks unload the toys they no longer use-
and just because it says $200- always negotiate! $200 means $150!

Kevin, unsolicited advice:
Distilled/deionized water is an incredibly good solvent, especially for salts. I would wash the f out of the Solo with D.I water first. Like, really go at it. Get as much of the salts and other corrosive things off the board and traces as you can. You want to strip it bare, everything off, everything disconnected. The Pixhawk cube likely had water ingress as well, so strip that.

After a really thorough rinsing with D.I, your idea to wash with isopropyl is great.

After that, a long sit in desiccant with good airflow. Keep things exposed, nothing on top of anything else, nothing cramped. Surface area exposed to both the desiccant and the air are your allies.

Days drying are better than hours.

Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea