Surf fishing maiden voyage in two days!

Reaction score
Listening to people like Irishman and usmc86 (the way that they talk I'm guessing they're old. And cranky. But a treasure trove of knowledge) my bird is finally ready for the surf Saturday. Lemme tell ya. My nerves.
Any tips before I head out? I got a landing pad etc. Should i just stick to 100m casts till I'm more comfortable?

Damn. I’m old. I have a daughter 25 years old, so maybe I am.
Tips? If you haven’t yet, go over the school field and dry run your new system. Send it out, release your bait and head back towards yourself. Hopefully, it won’t be windy the day you go fishing- keep the sand out of your motors!! Once you get your bait out there and Solo comes back to you, put Solo in a case or cover in up so blowing sand stays out of it. Have fun and good luck ( both fishing and with Solo!!)

Damn. I’m old. I have a daughter 25 years old, so maybe I am.
Tips? If you haven’t yet, go over the school field and dry run your new system. Send it out, release your bait and head back towards yourself. Hopefully, it won’t be windy the day you go fishing- keep the sand out of your motors!! Once you get your bait out there and Solo comes back to you, put Solo in a case or cover in up so blowing sand stays out of it. Have fun and good luck ( both fishing and with Solo!!)
Check. Check and check.
Gonna swing by my university's fb field and run it out about a hundred yards

Well today’s military is a gentler more social friendly experience unlike back in the day when you could knock out someone’s fronts and explain it as training. And trust me, the early 80’s were nothing compared to the 40’s or 50’s!
Nevertheless, just the fact you’re serving, is a feather in your cap- When you get to 30 years, let me know; you may have to tell me using Zoltar the fortune teller.

Well today’s military is a gentler more social friendly experience unlike back in the day when you could knock out someone’s fronts and explain it as training. And trust me, the early 80’s were nothing compared to the 40’s or 50’s!
Nevertheless, just the fact you’re serving, is a feather in your cap- When you get to 30 years, let me know; you may have to tell me using Zoltar the fortune teller.
I have 1 more semester of Mechanical Engineering then I'm off to Quantico. After that I'll be stuck with the squids in Pensacola for flight school

Reactions: timgilley
Ahhhh. the good old days. Been to Quantico. I’ve been to Pensacola also. I remember the folks while I was at Norfolk- with their lovely lawn signs- Marines & Sailors stay off the lawn, Cats & Dogs are welcomed... finished @ Norfolk then off to Coronado Island. Then the traveling started. I’ve forgotten more than I remember. A funny thing about the military and probably life in general- you only remember the good times and tend to forget all of the horror.

Reactions: porschetom
Ahhhh. the good old days. Been to Quantico. I’ve been to Pensacola also. I remember the folks while I was at Norfolk- with their lovely lawn signs- Marines & Sailors stay off the lawn, Cats & Dogs are welcomed... finished @ Norfolk then off to Coronado Island. Then the traveling started. I’ve forgotten more than I remember. A funny thing about the military and probably life in general- you only remember the good times and tend to forget all of the horror.
Well I'll make sure to make you proud and you can live vicariously through me

Reactions: timgilley
Post a video of your trip, I'm too scared to even fly over the water and that's coz m in Texas and I live 5miles from the gulf of Mexico.

Usmc did you spend any time at Gator beach in Diego ?

Post a video of your trip, I'm too scared to even fly over the water and that's coz m in Texas and I live 5miles from the gulf of Mexico.

Usmc did you spend any time at Gator beach in Diego ?
I'll be in Galveston flying out from Jamaica beach. I'll make sure to keep record!

Worked great. Caught 2 bull reds and plenty of sharks. 1mph wind day. No problems.

...then a random gust of wind blew and my bird went for a drink on it's way home.

It went into the water? Did you start dying out procedures like when your phone goes into the drink?

go to the search bar, and put in Solo went into the water- there may be information there-

go to the search bar, and put in Solo went into the water- there may be information there-
I took the battery out and started drying the drone. I ordered 99% isopropyl alcohol to soak it and try restore it. Once I get home I'll tear it apart. I saw a post about it and the OP dropped his in freshwater so sadly I have salt working against me

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
It went into the water? Did you start dying out procedures like when your phone goes into the drink?
Full submersion. It was about 100 feet out. I swam after it but it was a good minute or two before I could get to it

someone a few months ago has this happen to them- they said they dried in out and everything worked fine. Hopefully, you will be the same. I have new imx board and components if you want to attempt a rebuild. Just remember, you have a bunch of useable parts still there- so don’t get aggravated and toss it in a dumpster-

well this is a learning experience. not the water incident, but the recovery and restore part. now you get the opportunity to really see how things look from the inside- this is why you got that second bird. Now the gimbal was removed; right?

I have a few Solos running around here- let me know what you need-
I’m heading to the Appalachian Mountains for a week is so- on the road now, but when I return I can round up “ stuff.”

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc