Support for Solo.....

Reaction score
So I haven't posted much of anything on this forum. I have been reading a lot of posts and doing my own "research". I have a Solo and I've flown it with and without the gimbal and I love this machine. I will admit I was going to return it when the latest updates fro GoPro render my camera useless with Solo. I have the Silver 3+.

Thanks to the info in here and 3DR support I knew I could just downgrade the firmware and start using the 3+ silver again with Solo. Once that happen plus the entire, pleasant. process with 3DR customer service (tech support as well), willing to take the Solo back because I wasn't satisfied, made me realize, I just need to give 3DR a chance to fix these issues.
After all was it really their fault that the GoPro firmware upgrade did this? What did GoPro and 3DR agree to when designing the gimbal in cooperation with each other for GoPro Hero? Is GoPro really going to make their own quad-copter? If so, are they really going to let a competitor to have full control of their camera in mid-flight, especially if GoPro wants the same for their quad? (If so they make a quad they should allow a competitor that privilege, that's what makes companies and products better, competition! Make your gimbal better GoPro!) Will the future firmware upgrades to GoPro's cameras continue to make it difficult for 3DR Solo gimbal to work as promise?

Interesting yet disappointing at the same time. I just finished a survey from 3DR in which one question I was asked if 3DR should make it's own 4K camera for the Solo. I gave it a resounding YES, and why not!? Will it take time, possibly, but with the emerging markets of action cam's especially the knock-off Chinese GoPro types, which some are pretty damn good, it wouldn't take that long (maybe).

All in all I am standing behind 3DR Solo 100%. I just hope that 3DR and GoPro work this mess out or at least 3DR can come up with a camera that will work with the gimbal and the features it promised and/or figure out GoPro's firmware to make the Hero's work.

Reactions: Raybro
IT's all good, cause 3DR got it listed in there advertisements, promoting that the GoPro can adjusted via controller on most setting on the GoPro no all, but most, so it may take a little while longer but i believe that they MUST comply with there promises offered.

You GOT to love Solo...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado