"Superscreen" ?

Reaction score
Just wanted to mention, I saw this on "Kickstarter This may interest owners who want a bigger screen, need to find out more info. This works off your cell and clones your phones screen. So, what you see on your cell is cloned to the bigger screen. Being concerned about new cost of a cell , this may be an alternate. What do you think? I added some questions asked on the site, for more info check it out.
Here is the link: Superscreen – Supercharge your phone with a 10.1” HD display

Some questions:
How does Superscreen function technically?

Superscreen uses high performance hardware communications circuitry and layouts with a specialized Wi-Fi/BT mesh along with proprietary software (all patents pending), on IEEE 802.11 protocols to transmit and receive data between the Superscreen and your smartphone.

Transmission includes all standard touch events, while reception includes any and all reception inbound or stored on the phone, regardless of how the phone is retrieving the information (LTE carrier, Wi-Fi, connected to a 3rd device, in storage, or otherwise).

Can my phone be connected to local Wi-Fi and Superscreen at the same time?

Yes it can. Superscreen has zero effect on your phone's connection to the outside, be it Wi-Fi, Radio, Carrier, cord, etc.

Does the transmission of data on the Superscreen affect my carrier data plan?

Superscreen has zero affect on your data plan. We are not using your carrier to transmit this data so nothing is owed to them.

Also, most “Unlimited Data” plans do not include the use of Hot Spots or data tethering between phone and device. Superscreen is able to use your phone’s LTE/4G data or Wi-Fi connection without sacrificing your unlimited data package.

I was on the list for this but bailed out. Because it uses WiFi to connect with your phone, I doubt you could also be connected to Solo. I'm not sure though...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig